The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If all you do is get drunk and get laid then that's all you're gonna think it's about, simple as. Whether you think that's right or wrong is up to no one but the person in question because it's not your money or your life that people are talking about.
For me everything in moderation and you can't go wrong. Although i'm not into the whole 'get laid as many times as I can in the shortest possible time' game at all and neither into getting so drunk I can't even remember my address (happened once and wasn't good :tongue:) and/or going blind (thank the lord that's never happend :tongue:).
Anyway there's gonna be people who say "uni isn't about sex and booze so stop wasting your life" and they'll be those that are on the opposite side. For me, do what you want, it doesnt' affect me (but if it has a bad affect on other people then it's not good). If you make a mistake, learn from it. You may regret not having an amazingly good grade but tough **** but on the other end of the scale they'll be people going "I wish I had a bit more fun in uni" or "Wish I had gone out/gone to parties more often" again same as before.
Sorry about that rant, just thougt i'd let it all out. Basically just trying to find the middle ground in this inevitable deathmatch of opinion.
Reply 41
Rock Fan
Not everyone who goes to uni, goes just to get drunk and laid. Some people actually want to do well at Uni.

You realise that the two aren't mutually exclusive, right?
Reply 42
goodmen
Yeah comparing the USA to England is totally the same as the UK.

What?!
Reply 43
Garret
Is anyone else under the impression that Uni's just about drinking and sex? If so, thank GOD that I'm not the only one

You say this like it's a bad thing :frown:

and i just noticed, Grace is hawt :cool:
University isn't you're garunteed ticket to sex, sadly.
Reply 45
Well I know of a lot of drinking but sadly it wasn't the orgy I hoped it would be. I thought attitudes were all a bit backwards and immature tbh.
Reply 46
TrentEnd
It's not just about drinking and sex...sure, it happens, but it's not like you are forced into it.

:rofl:
Zoecb
Well I know of a lot of drinking but sadly it wasn't the orgy I hoped it would be. I thought attitudes were all a bit backwards and immature tbh.

Erm I think you went round wanting an orgy I think many people would just laugh in your face.
Rock Fan
Erm I think you went round wanting an orgy I think many people would just laugh in your face.

when at hamsted heath college of alternative oudoor activities he obviously was expecting a bit more than extreme orientiering.
negated enigma
when at hamsted heath college of alternative oudoor activities he obviously was expecting a bit more than extreme orientiering.

Er zoe is a she not a he
Reply 50
8urtay
so you think that paying thousands of pounds to go to university is just so you can have more sex and drink?

£3,000 could pay for a prostitute every night for the whole year AND you would have alcohol money AND change!

If thats how you want things then go for the prostitution option instead of the uni option.

No it couldn't.

Plus you can drink and sleep about and get a degree
Rock Fan
Er zoe is a she not a he

doesn't change anything.
Reply 52
8urtay
so you think that paying thousands of pounds to go to university is just so you can have more sex and drink?

£3,000 could pay for a prostitute every night for the whole year AND you would have alcohol money AND change!

If thats how you want things then go for the prostitution option instead of the uni option.

I didn't notice the option on my student loan form to apply for LEA funding for prostitutes and alcohol.

Oh and Garret, your viewpoint is just as wrong as the people who think it's all about getting the degree to the exclusion of all else. I doubt we'd have much trouble getting 50% of the population to opt for readily available sex and alcohol...
Reply 53
i think getting drunk and having sex is about getting drunk and having sex not uni!! (coz well ive never been to uni)
Reply 54
It's Ace that so many people pretend to be annoyed at such a notion...I mean, you put sex in a title and lots of folk decide to read and reply... I actually have submitted some genuine discussions and nobody gives a **** about genuine questions...

It never ceases to amaze how a)defensive and b)argumentative people can get over trivial topics, as they feel it's a censure against them. It's much easier to preach straight away then use a sarcasm detector...

Flying Clotheslines to you all:soap:
Reply 55
Gaz.
You say this like it's a bad thing :frown:

and i just noticed, Grace is hawt :cool:

hahahaha thanks! ;heart;
Reply 56
Rock Fan

Erm, I was using the word orgy metaphorically as a substitute for 'place with lots of sex going on'.
Garret
It's Ace that so many people pretend to be annoyed at such a notion...I mean, you put sex in a title and lots of folk decide to read and reply... I actually have submitted some genuine discussions and nobody gives a **** about genuine questions...

It never ceases to amaze how a)defensive and b)argumentative people can get over trivial topics, as they feel it's a censure against them. It's much easier to preach straight away then use a sarcasm detector...

Flying Clotheslines to you all:soap:

Congratulations on figuring that out, you are now officially a psychologist. As for the sex and drink, Uni is what you make it, just make sure none of those memories are forgettable.
Its annoying when people think they're going to be some some american pie alcohol fueld orgy. To me, i'm spending £30k to be there (about) and i'm there to have a good time, yeh, but more to get my degree. I think some people will be very dissapointed if they go to uni not expecting to have to work hard.
Reply 59
I'm going for the social life...

havent really thought bout the degree except choosing the easiest and most enjoyable out of my subjects.... hopefully a bit easier than those ludicrous science courses i did at A level.

Latest

Trending

Trending