Drinking and Sex Watch

This discussion is closed.
Syres4me
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Garret)
It's Ace that so many people pretend to be annoyed at such a notion...I mean, you put sex in a title and lots of folk decide to read and reply... I actually have submitted some genuine discussions and nobody gives a **** about genuine questions...

It never ceases to amaze how a)defensive and b)argumentative people can get over trivial topics, as they feel it's a censure against them. It's much easier to preach straight away then use a sarcasm detector...

Flying Clotheslines to you all:soap:
Preach brother, you're the truth.......................
Garret
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Pissing people off is fun
devils_nose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, aren't you a treasure?!!
Vincent_Valentine
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Of course it's fun, it's because it makes people fell better about themselves! Ah the wonders of internet discussion boards! We just bathe in the bliss knowing that you can say what you want to who you want and not have to worry about a thing.
suicidal_dream
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
a lot of first years i know at loughborough werent into the being drunk & having sex with randomers BUT, there are quite a few.

its not all about drink and sex but a lot of people do see it that way
Alasdair
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
Aye, but that's Loughborough, mind...
Rooftopcowboy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
depends who you hang round with IMO if you fall in with the "get wrecked everynight" brigade, then it will be what it says on the tin. There will be just as many who dont go out at all, and just as many who go out 1/2 times a week.

just choose who you mingle with wisely in freshers week/first few weeks (depending on your viewpoint!)
Herr Stamper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeh thats all well and good but on here where no one can touch you? You're not sending out a good message are you?
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Zoecb)
Erm, I was using the word orgy metaphorically as a substitute for 'place with lots of sex going on'.
Again you go looking for sex, some people would laugh in your face and tell you where to go.
Zoecb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Again you go looking for sex, some people would laugh in your face and tell you where to go.
Wtf? You think I was planning on knocking on doors asking, 'Excuse me, is there an orgy I could join in with?'
I was hoping for a liberated and mature attitude where things happened naturally, it was neither. It was more like stepping into the late 50s... I guess I was just very lucky with my home town and circle of acquaintances.
cubes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Zoecb)
Wtf? You think I was planning on knocking on doors asking, 'Excuse me, is there an orgy I could join in with?'
I was hoping for a liberated and mature attitude where things happened naturally, it was neither. It was more like stepping into the late 50s... I guess I was just very lucky with my home town and circle of acquaintances.
I was actually quite surprised just how conservative my former uni was, especially considering my course (Art). I had been hoping London would be more laid back!
vrron
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ok,to everyone here,what is your opinion about my questions below..
01. do you think that having sex before marriage is necessary??
02.for the male like me, do you want to marry with a woman that already lost their virginity to another MEN??
03. does sex shows how much we love our partner or it just a must-do-things for us??? (e.g if we are coupled, so sex is a must but then it doesn'n means that i love you very much... owh, pity of you then)

this is an open-minded discussions as this thing seeing in the different angles in different countries which have different cultures..
ciara
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's definitely about more than just that...but I do find sex and drinking are very stress relieving. Still, at least half of my energy is on my course, and that's where the stress comes from (work hard, play hard is such a cliche but quite true for a lot of people). I've never been in the "let's get hammered and have sex with anyone with a face" crew, that'd be reasonably unfulfilling I feel. Having said that, plenty of people love it.
Zoecb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by cubes)
I was actually quite surprised just how conservative my former uni was, especially considering my course (Art). I had been hoping London would be more laid back!
I know what you mean! Where are the Bohemian free love types hiding???
--
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vrron)
ok,to everyone here,what is your opinion about my questions below..
01. do you think that having sex before marriage is necessary??
02.for the male like me, do you want to marry with a woman that already lost their virginity to another MEN??
03. does sex shows how much we love our partner or it just a must-do-things for us??? (e.g if we are coupled, so sex is a must but then it doesn'n means that i love you very much... owh, pity of you then)

this is an open-minded discussions as this thing seeing in the different angles in different countries which have different cultures..
1. Yes.
2. Couldn't care less.
3. Sex can be so many different things in different situations, it can be fun, horny, sweaty or it can be caring, tender and loving, as well as a whole range of stuff in between.

Oh and if you want to force your agenda on people, please start a new thread so we can at least have a decent shot of bashing you.
--
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The Anthropologist)
I thought you went there to get a degree too...strange that!

Erm, no. You could just 'get a degree' sat at home doing an Open University course. University is about so much more than just getting a degree.
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by 3232)
1. Yes.
2. Couldn't care less.
3. Sex can be so many different things in different situations, it can be fun, horny, sweaty or it can be caring, tender and loving, as well as a whole range of stuff in between.
I guess those are the standard answers. Can't imagine people straying from them a whole lot. Certainly sums up my position.
Consie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why has the trend of discussion gone toward drinking and sex meaning your work gets pushed out? Surely its more you do the (perhaps minimum) amount of work and then its up to you what you do in your spare time? You can’t get away with doing nothing at all, you get moaned at or called in and told to pull your finger out.

I think what people are saying is that you can spend your free time getting pissed and looking for sex or you can spend it in a uni society or whatever. My 4 top goals are probably to work, drink a lot, have quite a lot of sex and play a lot of sport. I'll find out what order that takes when I get there, but either way work is going to form a fairly large part of what I do, which I don’t mind because I enjoy history, its not as if it’s a grind like in college.

For people who are saying you get 'life experience' or whatever, you don’t go to uni with the goal of acquiring it, as though you can join a club that teaches you it. You get life experience from doing the things while your there - like juggling mates/women and generally being slightly more independent and responsible for yourself than you were at college.
Drazen2007
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My perceptions of most people at uni was that they were mostly obsessed with geting drunk and getting laid.

That's one of the reasons why I dropped out. There are so many vacuous people in uni.
--
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I bet that taught them a lesson, eh?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads