Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Is there anyone else who is in a similar situation? I've been at Uni for 3rd year for just over 2 weeks now. The previous 2 years, as everyone does, I experienced the odd bit of homesickness, but generally I was fine. Since I've been back this year, all i've felt is anxiety, stress, sadness - a plethora of things. I think I've been struggling with some sort of mood/mental situation for a while now, and I just don't know what to do ; I thought I'd be fine coming back but right now all I want to do is go home ; it's feeling like it'll be the only place i'll be safe and stress free. It's getting to the point where I can't sleep, i've got constant butterflies in my stomach and don't want to each much, and I've got no enthusiasm for anything and can't concentrate.
    Is anyone else like this? I feel like this isn't normal since it's come on so suddenly as I've been back, and assume it's not usual for people who previously were fine, to start feeling homesick.

Thanks x
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Try and get an appointment with advice and counselling asap. Third year is a lot of work and feeling like this at the beginning is not a good start. What is your living situation like and do you have any clubs and societies you can go back to now that you're back at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Try and get an appointment with advice and counselling asap. Third year is a lot of work and feeling like this at the beginning is not a good start. What is your living situation like and do you have any clubs and societies you can go back to now that you're back at uni?
    Hi, thank you for replying an for the advice.
    I'm currently staying in private halls, the same ones I stayed in for 2nd year. I have always generally kept to myself anyways. I guess my new flatmates, they are a little rowdy and tend to stay up late and make a noise ; for now i will give them the benefit of the doubt since it's the start of the year.
    I'm planning to join a society for walking/hiking so I can grab some fresh air and a break every few weekends etc eetc which hopefully will give me some chill time.
    I think really I just don't know WHY i'm so homesick right now wheras I've been fine before.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.