Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Breaking down at random points Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've started a new school for sixth form and I don't really know how I got in, they look at your predicted grades only to accept you at their school and I gave mine in early where as my friend (who has exactly the same grades as me) gave it in a little later but not that late. So I feel like they don't care too much about your grades but more like whoever gives it in first (timing.)

I made a few friends who were also new at the beginning but then they kindof went with others and formed a new bigger group and I had this one girl who was also new but had two or three friends from her old school at this school, and I get along with her but I feel like she thinks I'm a loner and so doesn't try as hard as she used to to find me at break and lunch or something. Even in my bio and chem class people have their own groups and its awkward being alone and when we do practicals I know that people don't really want to be with me they want to be with their friends and obviously that makes me feel awful about myself.

Its getting depressing even more, I can never meet up with my old friends as they live so far away from where I am, my boyfriend's dad passed away from a serious illness and his uncle committed suicide and so many other family problems so we haven't had much time together, there's hardly anyone to talk to....

I'd really appreciate your advice, anything would help at the moment

ReputationRep:
    I don't think this is the right subforum...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.