Sam Allardyce being investigated by the FA

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sam Allardyce used his position as England manager to negotiate a £400,000 deal and offered advice to businessmen on how to “get around” FA rules on player transfers, The Telegraph can disclose.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...dyce-for-sale/

Big Sam is in huge trouble now and I fully expect him to be sacked.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    What an idiot, spent most of his pretty average career blagging about how he could do a great job at a high level, he gets the position and *!D?! it up for money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Sam Allardyce used his position as England manager to negotiate a £400,000 deal and offered advice to businessmen on how to “get around” FA rules on player transfers, The Telegraph can disclose.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...dyce-for-sale/

Big Sam is in huge trouble now and I fully expect him to be sacked.

Thoughts?
    Hope he goes
    He deserves it
    Also he hasnt made the team any better, so bye bye!

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why people were surprised. The amount of corruption in sport atm is shocking, plus all the stuff that has been discovered yet

ReputationRep:
    While big Sam has been caught doing this don't think for a moment that sacking him is going to solve the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    While big Sam has been caught doing this don't think for a moment that sacking him is going to solve the problem.
    100% agree with this. Slap him on the wrist by all means but sacking will not change it, nor will it make a football association that is already a farce look any better than it currently is...

And nothing that the Telegraph has published makes his position untenable.

ReputationRep:
    While what he did was certainly dodgy, he hasn't done anything illegal.

That we know of anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Hope he goes
    He deserves it
    Also he hasnt made the team any better, so bye bye!
    He's had one game...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see the video in full but from what i've read it's not that bad.

1) Claims that there are ways round the rules and that 3 party ownerships are still happening. Without me seeing the video it's hard for me to judge whether he is offered advice on how to get round the rules or simply stating there are ways to get round it.

A comparative, i am an accountant, I have been sat in the pub and explained to my friends the mechanics of certain tax avoidance arrangments am i providing them with advice on how to get round the rules or is it simply a discussion about how the current tax laws are inadequate and there are potential loopsholes (i.e. no one is going to go away and and set up a tax scam).

What i'm getting at is, are they simply discussing that there is a flaw in the rules? in which case that is fine or is he meeitng with these people with the intention of supplying them with knowledge to get round the rules? Not ok.

2) The £400k postion, from what i've read he has stated several times that he would need to seek approval from the FA before accepting the position- i don't think he's done anything wrong as he is not trying to make extra money behind the FAs back, he planned to be open and honest about the whole thing.

3) He criticised Woy, Neville, Wembley etc. These are valid crticisms that everyone should be allowed to hold. If he'd came out in the main stream media and slated all these people then fine that could be unprofessional but he was stating these views in what he thought was a private conversation and i don't think you should be allowed to punish him for that. What message would that send out "we the FA only want to hire those who have exactly the same viewpoint as us. Is there are Yes men who want to apply for this job"

I think unitl he breaks the law or does something serious then judge him by what he does on the field. What is it with our media and constantly trying to sabotage the national team and national manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    He's had one game...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He had 1 job

ReputationRep:
    At first, it seemed like a red-top subterfuge with no detail and just salacious information on the various characters in football but on the whole, he hasn't broken the laws explicitly yet he didn't uphold the current laws in a private setting relating to third party ownership. If he's seen to be advocating breaking football rules for third party ownership then it doesn't look great. But least he will have had a 100% record!

It's a tough decision for the FA as they want to act definitive on this yet if they back him and more damaging stuff comes out then it looks bad on them for supporting him.

Yes, his agent should have been aware not to court extra activities for his client but no-one put a gun to Sam's head so he knew what he was getting into.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rumours going round that he is set to resign tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Sunderlands preseason ruined for 1 game

ReputationRep:
    Please appoint Harry Redknapp, the only English manager that could do a decent job.

ReputationRep:
    Lol^.

ReputationRep:
    Telegraph say they have more people to expose. I'd be surprise if wheeler n dealer isn't one.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Football articles
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.