Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I just failed my theory again today (29/35 for part one and 64/75 for my hazard perception) which is ironic because it was the opposite first time round. But I have a problem now. I am hopefully going to UCL on the 24th of September, but at this rate I won't be able book a practical test in on time as long as I don't pass my theory and I think its already booked out:mad:

I was wondering what can I do now really? On the practical side I'm according to my instructor 95% ready for my practical test, with parking into a space being the only problem. However, even if I pass my theory this summer I would have to stop taking driving lessons because I don't really want to learn during my first few months at university and I'm going to lose a lot of money if I continued at uni.

Should I continue learning as normal in my christmas holidays? But I only have like a few weeks to get back to scratch. Or theres always the Summer, but I fear taking this long will practically make me to lose lots of the skills I have already learned......

Any advice would really be helpful, especially if any user whom passed when they were at uni.

ReputationRep:
    why do you object to learning to drive while at uni?
    First year isnt as hard as you think.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ You mean during term time? Its because of the costs really......a lesson in London is on average £28 and the thing is I don't want to drive somewhere new for my test. I've spent 5 months driving in town, and I think I would be more prepared driving there as opposed to somewhere new in greater London.

ReputationRep:
    I had a break from driving while I was at uni. I hadn't had many lessons, but I soon picked up what I had learnt the year before. You could always book your theory for over your Christmas or Easter holidays and have a crash course of lessons next summer (say a few 2 hour lessons) and you could take your practical then. Believe me, you won't forget what you've learnt!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    try different towns for your theory, you might be able to get in in the next week or 2 (had my theory today and the place was only half booked!). then once you have that, phone for a cancellation appointment for the practical -maybe won't have to wait as long as you think.

How likely is it you could get home for weekends when at uni, just for the 1st few weeks to get your test sorted?

But other than that people always say you don't forget what you learn - maybe waiting till christmas might not be a bad idea.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.