The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samrosenwalker
Yeah I just emailed and got the following response:

Dear Sam Many thanks for your email. No, there will be no interview invitation released this week. Students will be notified of any interview invitation in good time prior to the start of interviews in December. An official release date has not yet been outlined. Kind regards Aku Aku Atubra Admissions Team Leader (UEMS)

I literally had this response
"Dear Sveva.
Thank you for your email. Please find below a rough timetable of events regarding those who have applied to study medicine (A100) Applicants will find out from today whether or not they have been successful in being invited to interview. Interviews will take place from the week commencing 5th December, with 7 days allocated in the week beginning the 5th and 12th of December for Home Students. International Students will be interviewed in the week commencing 13th February 2017. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Yours sincerely, Michelle Newing-GriffithsAdmissions Administrator"
Original post by svenderman
You're definitely in tier 1, but how is that possible that you're not doing a humanity in the IB? haha

Hahaha
Special request to the IB
Probably made my life a bit more difficult, but tbh I enjoy physics, and would choose it any day over a humanities subject
I literally had this response
"Dear Sveva.
Thank you for your email. Please find below a rough timetable of events regarding those who have applied to study medicine (A100) Applicants will find out from today whether or not they have been successful in being invited to interview. Interviews will take place from the week commencing 5th December, with 7 days allocated in the week beginning the 5th and 12th of December for Home Students. International Students will be interviewed in the week commencing 13th February 2017. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Yours sincerely, Michelle Newing-GriffithsAdmissions Administrator"

From today.....:colondollar:
Original post by The_Dragon_
From today.....:colondollar:

Hi Just wanted to ask have they ever considered the interview be set later if you are not in country during December because my son is going abroad part of Gap year from end of November to December 24th to volunteer in a hospital.If they don't then he may have to cancel his ticket or take another return ticket to come back during the last week.it will give him about over a week in abroad hospital.are alll interviews given out during November he goes on the 29th November.He has sent them Email and wrote on UCAS.
Does anyone know if they have interviewed Uk student later like the international students.
Holy shite guys, exeter admission people just replied to my email saying they will start inviting people for interviews today. AAAAAAA

ahhhhhhh :woo:
I have acheived grades of 2A*s and 1A.Am i tier 1?
Reply 66
Original post by ebrodgers123

Yh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Has anyone heard anything yet? Could someone call them up and ask if we're actually gonna hear from today or not. I would, but I'm at work rn
Reply 69
Original post by ebrodgers123

Yeh ur in tier 1. I have the same achieved grades as you. What's ur ukcat, if u don't mind me asking.
Original post by KB_97
Has anyone heard anything yet? Could someone call them up and ask if we're actually gonna hear from today or not. I would, but I'm at work rn

likewise, im working til late so would really appreciate if someone called :smile:
likewise, im working til late so would really appreciate if someone called :smile:

I emailed and they said we wouldn't hear from them today. Most likely beginning of next week.
I emailed and they said we wouldn't hear from them today. Most likely beginning of next week.

Thank you!
Thank you!

You're welcome :smile:
Basically, exeter uses a tier system in order to select applicants for interview.
You're placed in tier 1 if you have A*A*A, tier 2 if you have A*A*A, tier 3 if you have A*AA, tier 4 if you have AAA.

For example if they want to invite 500 people to interview, and there are 100 people in tier 1, all those in tier 1 will be invited, say if there are 100 people in tier 2 all those will also be invited. UKCAT is used to differentiate between candidates in the same tier. For example if they want to invite 100 people from tier 3 & 4 but there are 300 people.

Does that make sense?

:smile:

Oh, I see. Yes, that makes perfect sense- thank you! :smile:
I called up admissions this morning and they said they hope to start giving out invitations to interview on wednesday.
What tier would I be in with 3A* prediction at alevel but only a 617 UKCAT band 1??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bluesky213
What tier would I be in with 3A* prediction at alevel but only a 617 UKCAT band 1??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am in a similar situation and also wondering what tier I would fall in - predicted 3A* but only had 610 average and band 1 in UKCAT.
Original post by bluesky213

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will be in tier 1 as you are predicated 3 A* they will only apply UKCAT cut off if there more application than places for the interviews .My son has achieved 3 A* he too is in tier 1 UKCAT 663 ,he will be on Gap year volunteering in hospital abroad in third world country is December but said that in a Email to them if they do select him for interview and they don't move the date he may have cut trip short and come back in an emergency that will cost a lot of money for the ticket ,hope they sent interviews early he's leaving on the 29th November.Anyone know when they send out interviews.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by megjane1510
I am in a similar situation and also wondering what tier I would fall in - predicted 3A* but only had 610 average and band 1 in UKCAT.

Tier 1. You are likely to get an interview as last year, the cut off was like 580, tier 1. But nothing can be guarenteed. Lets just hope we get one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending