The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Any of you chaps know how the Truro Exeter split happens. Am I correct in thinking it's for years 3-5 and done on a lottery basis? Does this mean if you are selected, you end up at Truro for the final three years?
Original post by Osiris Wintereisse
Any of you chaps know how the Truro Exeter split happens. Am I correct in thinking it's for years 3-5 and done on a lottery basis? Does this mean if you are selected, you end up at Truro for the final three years?

Would also be interested in knowing what proportion of the year goes to Truro in case anyone knows!
Original post by juliethecool
Don't be! A bunch of my friends really liked paper 1 too! I guess it depends on what we each feel confident on :smile:

Yeah paper 2 was alright as was paper 3 ! Hopefully I'll bag that 6. Chemistry is the next big worry on my mind now :///

Definitely! I think Paper 2 is mostly because I think I missed an 8 point question because I misunderstood what the question was trying to ask. Hoping that they'll give me some points regardless.

I really liked Paper 3 :lol: Ecology was amazing!

Chemistry is going to be "fun"... have to take a couple of past papers asap and try to make the most of the next few days!
Original post by wolfmoon88
Definitely! I think Paper 2 is mostly because I think I missed an 8 point question because I misunderstood what the question was trying to ask. Hoping that they'll give me some points regardless.

I really liked Paper 3 :lol: Ecology was amazing!

Chemistry is going to be "fun"... have to take a couple of past papers asap and try to make the most of the next few days!

Yeah really not looking forward to chemistry, I love chem so much but it's the maths part of it that I suck at :frown:( Good luck revising !! Only 2 weeks now till it's all over :smile:
Reply 824
I'm a current 1st year. You will chose Exeter or Truro at the end of 1st year. I believe it's a 70:60 split in favour of Exeter. You pick to stay in Exeter or go to Truro for years 3-4 not 3-5. However, if you stay in Exeter for 3-4 you HAVE to go to Truro in year 5. If you go go Truro in years 3-4, you will return to Exeter for year 5 :smile:
Anybody have an idea about what waiting lists are like at Exeter? As in how many from the list are usually given an offer?
Guys I really need some advice, my school have filled out an extenuating circumstances form for me and have sent it to Exeter University, but I'm not sure whether or not they'll take it into consideration? Basically my mum had been diagnosed with stage 3 cancer late march and I haven't been able to revise properly as I've had to look after her and my 3 sisters. I don't know why I feel like they wont...? I've applied for Medical sciences and need AAB, so far exams haven't went great and I'm really scared that I won't be able to get in. I've tried so hard to get into Exeter now I feel like it's just a distant dream. I'm not sure if I should call them personally or?
Original post by Nathan1878
Anybody have an idea about what waiting lists are like at Exeter? As in how many from the list are usually given an offer?

Not many. There's a FOI about it.
Have a look at the link.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/waiting_list_statistics_for_medi

May I ask if you have received any form to complete such as occupational health, dbs,etc?
Thank you in advance :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by prinsella
Not many. There's a FOI about it.
Have a look at the link.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/waiting_list_statistics_for_medi

May I ask if you have received any form to complete such as occupational health, dbs,etc?
Thank you in advance :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome, cheers! I tried looking for something like this.

Not a problem. Indeed I have, just need to get it signed by my GP. Are you a graduate applicant or direct school leaver?
Original post by Nathan1878
Awesome, cheers! I tried looking for something like this.

Not a problem. Indeed I have, just need to get it signed by my GP. Are you a graduate applicant or direct school leaver?

You are welcome :yes:
I'm a graduate and I'm losing all my hopes. I am revising for gamsat. They have too many people on the waiting list and only a few are selected. I will send the forms but I'm sure I won't make it :frown:
Exeter was my only interview. This was not a good year for me.
Do you have other offers or waiting for some?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got accepted into Exeter :smile: (IB) see you all soon, and best of luck to everyone in August
Hi does anyone know how many offers exeter gives out? I know some unis give just over half of those interviewed offers,is Exeter the same?? thanks :smile:
Hello there,

Does anyone know the entry requirements for Graduates? All it says on the website is they consider gamsat which is ranked and that with what's on your UCAS form is considered. It says nothing about type of degree, degree classification and A Levels etc.

I will give them a ring around work just wondered if anyone had an idea and if anyone is applying as a graduate? Thank you.
Original post by MrsDrhopeful
Hello there,

Does anyone know the entry requirements for Graduates? All it says on the website is they consider gamsat which is ranked and that with what's on your UCAS form is considered. It says nothing about type of degree, degree classification and A Levels etc.

I will give them a ring around work just wondered if anyone had an idea and if anyone is applying as a graduate? Thank you.

I believe a 2:1 for Nottingham and St George's.
Exeter and Plymouth do not consider your undergrad results at all.
hi
im a bit confused after this thread. i have just achieved 4As in AS levels and have been predicted 2A* and an A ? is that good enough or did people only get offers with 3 A* - i have yet to complete my UKCAT but i am not believing i will do amazing around the 650 mark *hopefully*????
Original post by hiimgerman
I believe a 2:1 for Nottingham and St George's.
Exeter and Plymouth do not consider your undergrad results at all.

Thank you. Yes, I know about Nottingham and St. Georges but never considered Exeter, only considered Graduate entry.
Thank you. Yes, I know about Nottingham and St. Georges but never considered Exeter, only considered Graduate entry.

They take graduate applicants, too. You'll just have to sit the GAMSAT.
Original post by hiimgerman
They take graduate applicants, too. You'll just have to sit the GAMSAT.

Thank you. Yes, that's great! I have completed the GAMSAT and hope that their threshold won't go above 61. Fingers crossed!
Thank you. Yes, that's great! I have completed the GAMSAT and hope that their threshold won't go above 61. Fingers crossed!

Apply to Plymouth, too! Best of luck =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending