Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

independent study - where to get coursework marked?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm home studying A level history, and can sit the exams at a local 6th form BUT they can't mark my coursework!
    Has anyone got any ideas or experience of this? I should have chosen a subject with no coursework, but didnt realise it would be such a problem.
    thanks, hoping someone has a solution!
    Waverley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waverley1)
    Hi, I'm home studying A level history, and can sit the exams at a local 6th form BUT they can't mark my coursework!
    Has anyone got any ideas or experience of this? I should have chosen a subject with no coursework, but didnt realise it would be such a problem.
    thanks, hoping someone has a solution!
    Waverley
    f you are taking it with AQA then then normally mark external candidates coursework at A level as long as you have it verified as yours be a tutor.

ReputationRep:
    It's edexcel and they say i have to find an exam centre, which will mark it - and none of them will - even with my tutors verification.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waverley1)
    It's edexcel and they say i have to find an exam centre, which will mark it - and none of them will - even with my tutors verification.
    thanks
    Only AQA has this arrangement for marking externals work and I entirely understand why centres won't accept external candidates' coursework they have to mark as they can't honestly sign the declaration that goes with the coursework if they haven't taught them. Neither of these things solves your problem however.

Who advised you to pick Edexcel?
    Do you study via an online/distance learning centre or directly with a tutor?
    If the latter, does your tutor teach at a centre?

You could try 3A tutors in Bristol http://www.3at.org.uk/www.3at.org.uk/info.php?p=20 as they say they accept private candidates for History.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this. we didn't get any advice, but bought a study package with Oxford Learning College. They turned out to be useless, and didn't make it clear at the beginning about this issue.
    thanks for the link to the Bristol centre, I'll have a look.
    thanks,

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.