Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

GCSE Options

ReputationRep:
    I'm in yr 10 and an I'm kind of confused. How many subjects do i do?The subjects that I am doing are:
    - Maths
    - Double Science
    - English
    - Re (Compulsory)
    - Geography
    - French
    - Art

Btw is English considered as one or two GCSEs .
    And since I'm doing Double Science aren't I supposed to have more than 7 subjects?

ReputationRep:
    Some people only take English Language, some people take both english language and literature. Language and literature is usually taught together by the same teacher but it doesn't have to be. This is something you have to ask your school. And also Double Science counts as 2 GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE_18)
    I'm in yr 10 and an I'm kind of confused. How many subjects do i do?The subjects that I am doing are:
    - Maths
    - Double Science
    - English
    - Re (Compulsory)
    - Geography
    - French
    - Art

Btw is English considered as one or two GCSEs .
    And since I'm doing Double Science aren't I supposed to have more than 7 subjects?
    If you're doing EnglishLang you're likely doing English Lit too. It's not a requirement, but most schools teach both. Also, Double Science counts as two GCSEs: Science and Additional Science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    Some people only take English Language, some people take both english language and literature. Language and literature is usually taught together by the same teacher but it doesn't have to be. This is something you have to ask your school. And also Double Science counts as 2 GCSEs.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    If you're doing EnglishLang you're likely doing English Lit too. It's not a requirement, but most schools teach both. Also, Double Science counts as two GCSEs: Science and Additional Science
    Thank you, but can you tell me if I'm missing any other subject because for now i only have 7 subjects. I'm sure i need more than that.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, but can you tell me if I'm missing any other subject because for now i only have 7 subjects. I'm sure i need more than that.
    You have 8 or 9, which should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    You have 8 or 9, which should be fine.
    Wait how do i have 8 or 9

ReputationRep:
    Wait how do i have 8 or 9
    It depends if your school is doing EngLit or not, which it probably is. You can always ask for clarification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    It depends if your school is doing EngLit or not, which it probably is. You can always ask for clarification.
    Oh ok thank you sooo much. I really appreciate it

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.