Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Maths help??

ReputationRep:
    I've tried to attempt this maths question I'm now not sure if it is right.
    (Sqrt49)X1/2^-3
    I thought it was 7/8 but I just need consolidation and the same for the question below.
    (Cube root 8)x4/9^-3/2
    Which I thought was 27/8 if these are wrong can u pls describe how to do it but don't give the answer ? Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snowystar)
    I've tried to attempt this maths question I'm now not sure if it is right.
    (Sqrt49)X1/2^-3
    I thought it was 7/8 but I just need consolidation and the same for the question below.
    (Cube root 8)x4/9^-3/2
    Which I thought was 27/8 if these are wrong can u pls describe how to do it but don't give the answer ? Many thanks
    For the first one try it again paying attention to the negative power. For the second one you seem to have forgotten about the cube root 8 in the front.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sindyscape62)
    For the first one try it again paying attention to the negative power. For the second one you seem to have forgotten about the cube root 8 in the front.
    Thank you so much for pointing out my errors I though my answers were a bit strange!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for pointing out my errors I though my answers were a bit strange!
    Oh wait I still don't understand the second one I done the cube root of 8 to get 2 then done 4/9^-3/2 to get 27/8. What do I do after that ?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait I still don't understand the second one I done the cube root of 8 to get 2 then done 4/9^-3/2 to get 27/8. What do I do after that ?
    Just multiply 2 and 27/8 together. You've done the hard bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sindyscape62)
    Just multiply 2 and 27/8 together. You've done the hard bit
    Oh right, that's embarrassing lol

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.