The Student Room Group

Resitting AQA iGCSE in November

Ok, so my cousin did her exam in June and got a low D. She wants to retake in November, but her college said they only let those with a higher mark do the resit. So, what are her options now? Does she now have to do it privately?
Would she be able to do her GCSE resist during the actual GCSE e.g around June or is November the only option (If that's the case, she should try another college to resit)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hambi123
Would she be able to do her GCSE resist during the actual GCSE e.g around June or is November the only option (If that's the case, she should try another college to resit)

Posted from TSR Mobile

She told me that the exam format is changing in June, so she would like to do it in November
Original post by inspiration109
Ok, so my cousin did her exam in June and got a low D. She wants to retake in November, but her college said they only let those with a higher mark do the resit. So, what are her options now? Does she now have to do it privately?

A C is required to leave school. Ask again
Original post by inspiration109

If her college cannot be persuaded to let her do it then her only option would be to take it elsewhere as a private candidate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
If her college cannot be persuaded to let her do it then her only option would be to take it elsewhere as a private candidate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they must let her sit it. She cannot leave without it. Tell her to offer to pay.
Original post by Theplace
I think they must let her sit it. She cannot leave without it. Tell her to offer to pay.

A college is not compelled to allow someone to resit in November if they think the candidate needs a full year of extra study to achieve a pass.
If someone is doing igcse they may not be in uk state school education and may not therefore subject to those requirements for maths and english

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest