Turn on thread page Beta

How many hours per week? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Argh, i wish i could find out how many hours a week i'll have, just to prepare myself. I cant find any information anywhere..

Maybe it's better to be kept in the dark for now?

ReputationRep:
    Next year - I'm looking at:
    14 hours of lectures
    10-15 hours of labs
    2-3 hours in tutorials
    Plus anything from 10-30 hours' work for tutorials. Now wondering if I'm looking forward to October so much...

ReputationRep:
    my first year was 8 hours a week, what a piss take considering the tuition fees they required, im gonna go through the complaints procedure regarding the level of teaching we all received as well

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'll have 9 hours of lectures and 6-7 hours of practicals.

EDIT: I just realized that's without my two outside modules. So it's higher. Probably 13 or 14 hours of lectures?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any ideas of contact time for History & Politics, its at a traditional top 20 uni as well, just because I know it can sometimes differ depending on the type of university you go to. I was thinking its something like between 8 and 10 hours contact time per week, is this about right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon123)
    Does anyone have any ideas of contact time for History & Politics, its at a traditional top 20 uni as well, just because I know it can sometimes differ depending on the type of university you go to. I was thinking its something like between 8 and 10 hours contact time per week, is this about right?
    Yep, that sounds about right. I think my friend doing economics and politics (at Exeter) had about that this year and I don't see it being much different for history and politics.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently I have about 6 hours of lectures and seminars, but that's without my elective.

ReputationRep:
    ooooooooh i really want to know how many hours my timetable will be now, i dont know why, just to prepare.

I'm doing English, Sociology and Law at Liverpool. I guess its different with combined subjects because each timetable will be different.

Any guesses? im doing Law as my major. hmmmmmmm! x

ReputationRep:
    About eight contact hours. About 25 hours more in home study.

ReputationRep:
    My Uni dont have any timetable info on thier site so Il guess I have to wait till freshers week before I find out.

ReputationRep:
    Err...think it's about 30. We're in all day monday, tuesday, thursday, friday.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.