Laceydovey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Need some urgent advice.
I've been doing long term work experience at a crèche, and had contact with lots of new mums etc. Other volunteering and so on...
But I was wondering if someone would be able to talk to me who has very recently studied at uni or is currently studying midwifery... I need some help with personal statement and just to hear someone's story about what grades they had, their application process as I'm feeling extremely nervous about the whole process!

Thank you
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Laceydovey)
Need some urgent advice.
I've been doing long term work experience at a crèche, and had contact with lots of new mums etc. Other volunteering and so on...
But I was wondering if someone would be able to talk to me who has very recently studied at uni or is currently studying midwifery... I need some help with personal statement and just to hear someone's story about what grades they had, their application process as I'm feeling extremely nervous about the whole process!

Thank you
Sorry I'm not able to help with specific midwifery experience, but check out the search function and I'm sure there will be experience of midwives who have studied in the places you're considering. The application process will be very similar to that of nursing students, if not the same, so you might also want to look at this.*

Also check out the link in my signature to the personal statement guidance which was added recently, you should find this useful when you get to actually writing your application.*
annroseb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! I am currently a third year student midwife at Staffordshire Uni! I'd love to answer any questions or help in any way I can! Feel free to send me a message on here or something or just reply to this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads