College won't let me change course

    • Thread Starter

    What can I do now because they said no to me? Would other colleges accept me at this point if I moved to their college because I'm doing a course I hate and want to do something else?! Advice please? Thanks.

    Do you know the reasons behind them not allowing you to change course? If they have stated its due to the class already being full, ask to be placed on a waiting list for people who drop out of that course and you can then take up their place, essentially a clearing stage than most colleges and universities have from Sept - Oct.

    If they don't give you an explanation, find the course you want to study and go directly to the tutor who teaches it and ask if they would be willing to enrol you in their class and support your decision when the 'big bosses' try to stop the change from happening.

    After this look into other colleges and courses as they too will most likely have a clearing stage and their websites will have advice on how to apply for a course through the clearing stage.

    A good idea may also be to talk to who ever your student support tutor is in college and ask them to help you find a different course you would enjoy?
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.