IQ test Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregisteredjjj
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
122 for me .. im pleased with that I got around that for the test the nation one as well so i guess its about right!
*-mjg-*
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
89 for me .
spike109u
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
I'm not sure how accurate these tests are...(Nick Urban):IQ:147
SAT: +1100. I took these tests when i was 12, and am now 13. The SAT was the SAT 1, and not a PSAT. I took it for Johns Hopkins' CTY program.
Perdurabo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've had a proper Mensa test and got a modest 156 (Stephen Hawking's getting on for nearly 200 i think). I've been a member for about 18 months.

I would strongly urge all you guys that got about 120 on the tv show to take a mensa test. In one edition of the mensa magazine it said that the scoring on that show was rarther strange and that 120 equated to a pass on the mensa test.

So give it a go!
Perdurabo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
i took the iq test on the tv...like that world wide 2 hour show...i ended up getting 129....i beat my mom which i enjoyed more than my score..but most of these internet ones are bogus..i got 159 on one and i took a different one and got a 107..so u should try like a real test to find out exactly

CR
I've had a proper Mensa test and got a modest 156 (Stephen Hawking's getting on for nearly 200 i think). I've been a member for about 18 months.

I would strongly urge all you guys that got about 120 on the tv show to take a mensa test. In one edition of the mensa magazine it said that the scoring on that show was rarther strange and that 120 equated to a pass on the mensa test.

So give it a go!
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Perdurabo)

So give it a go!
tbh I can't see the point in paying good money to take the Mensa test for the dubious benefit of having something in writing to say what your score is. One generally knows how one stands amongst the general population regards intelligence and I believe the more intelligent have no need to broadcast their IQ level, however modest they may think they're being!
For those who feel the need to inform others of their IQ, I would say it is a desire (albeit unconciously) to say "hey, look at me - aren't you impressed!" because they have impressed themselves
Perdurabo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
tbh I can't see the point in paying good money to take the Mensa test for the dubious benefit of having something in writing to say what your score is. One generally knows how one stands amongst the general population regards intelligence and I believe the more intelligent have no need to broadcast their IQ level, however modest they may think they're being!
For those who feel the need to inform others of their IQ, I would say it is a desire (albeit unconciously) to say "hey, look at me - aren't you impressed!" because they have impressed themselves
I realise there is little point in membership, all i do is get a magazine once a month. However, wanting to do philosophy at uni i felt that i needed to porve that my problem solving skills are reasonably good.
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Pfft. This test says I've got an IQ of 141. Mind it was mostly shape stuff which I can do. It's the language stuff that usually beats me, so I doubt it's anywhere near that high in real life.
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
119 above average whoo hoo
GK1
Report 15 years ago

great, i never believed myself to be that cool... but a lot of u seem to be saying that it is not reliable. so what. phhhbbt...

GK1
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Online IQ tests are crap. I've done some which range from anything from 100 to 140. Basicaly they are just trying to sell you some worthless certificate.

The only real IQ test is the Mensa style ones.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Online IQ tests are crap. I've done some which range from anything from 100 to 140. Basicaly they are just trying to sell you some worthless certificate.

The only real IQ test is the Mensa style ones.
ur right there...... i took one last yr and got 148 (genius), then this yr i took it and got 135......... its just randomly done to look good so u get the report
spike109u
Report 15 years ago
Just recently, I was reqired to participate in a debate in my eigth grade literacy class pertaining to the subject of IQ tests. Even though we were diveded into equal groups for the debate, the majority of my peers were against IQ tests as there is never anything but critizem directed towards them. Surprisingly, there is a myriad of information to back up their argument. I rethought my position, and i'm now going over to the darkside. You really can't put a whole lot of stock in IQ tests becuase the scores do fluctuate from your actual intellegence. In addition, we have not really defined "intellegence" yet. The two main theories are that it is genetically inherited, and can be measured, or that there are nine intellegences that each person has varrying levels of that aren't so easy to measure. IQ tests are base upon the first theory. Should this theory be wrong, we can all just throw our IQ's out the window and think up a different way to gaudge intelect. I think you all will find this view rather intrueging.
ahyolmu
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
97 For Me !!!
mathematician
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i got 140
snow_white
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i never beileve these bludy tests are accurate, i just went on and did the recommened test and got 127 ~above average, higher than 98% of the people who take the test but still ********.
i did the t.v one last year and got in the 140's. it's so hard to tell which ones give the actual truth. find me one and then i can tell you my I.Q.
snowy.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by snow_white)
i never beileve these bludy tests are accurate, i just went on and did the recommened test and got 127 ~above average, higher than 98% of the people who take the test but still ********.
i did the t.v one last year and got in the 140's. it's so hard to tell which ones give the actual truth. find me one and then i can tell you my I.Q.
snowy.
Write to Mensa and ask them to send you an IQ test of theirs. That is what I did. I think they are based in Melbourne or Adelaide where Australia is concerned. I can't remember if it was SA or Vic, I just remember it was down there
roxy potter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
got 155 on emode when i was fourteen, think it doesnt mean anything though.
has anyone done the diffrential aptitude test, if so how did you do?
i got 97 percentile for educational aptitude yet only 24{aargh!} on mechanical reasoning.
sxcbabe87
Report 14 years ago
i got 115 ! good enough 4 me lol
DazYa16
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
133 - " Gifted " ^^
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads