Should I drop Sociology for physics? Is Physics A-Level hard? Watch

DonoLad
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've recently started my A-Levels and have been doing Business Studies, Biology and Sociology for about 3 weeks now. I'm enjoying what I'm doing but recently I've been questioning the practicality of sociology. I don't know for sure what I want to do in the future but things that has taking my interest is, physiotherapy, anatomy, nutritionist etc. I've asked around and nearly everyone I talked to has recommend me to do physics instead as looks better for uni's etc. However I'm concerned at how hard physics will be. For GCSE I got a B overall in physics with a B in the course work and an A and B in the tests. For maths I got a B. Do you think I would be capable of doing well in physics or should I stick to what I am doing at the moment as I do find Sociology interesting, I'm just not convinced in how helpful it will be for the future. Many thanks
DonoLad
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Bump
lmg1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DonoLad)
Bump
Being honest no. I got an U at AS level and I done tons of work. I got an A in physics and maths at GCSE. You could do it if you put in commitment from the start and stay on top of all the work.
spacetechnology
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
no, physics is hard as **** and if you only got a B at gcse maths you'll probably struggle a lot. physics a level is essentially just applied maths so you might as well take maths instead, plus it's easier imo. maybe look into something like psychology or sport science to go with your career ideas
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (113)
46.12%
Pro-humanity (132)
53.88%