Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

How much will you owe to student loans company? Watch

How much student loan will you owe when you finish your degree? Just curious, I already owe £27000 for tuition fees and roughly 7000 for maintanance loan :/
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    About £37000+ if I stay in the UK.
    About 7900€ (around £6800) if I go to a Dutch uni.
    RIP.
    Tfw you want to get a degree, but by the time you finally start your life you're in so much debt.

ReputationRep:
    At least £50,000

ReputationRep:
    I currently owe £47k and rising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How much student loan will you owe when you finish your degree? Just curious, I already owe £27000 for tuition fees and roughly 7000 for maintenance loan :/
    A 4 year masters degree for a student taking the maximum loan will be looking at £68000+

£51,600 if I do three years
    £68,800 if I do four years

add £20,000 more to the last value and I can buy the house I live in

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter?

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember how much I owe for maintenance loans, but I owe around 10-11k for tuition fees (Welsh students don't have to pay 9k a year).

It's not too bad tbh, you only start paying it back once you're earning over a certain amount, and you pay a little bit per month (kinda like a extra tax). Ive just started paying mine back, I look forward to the day it's all paid off :lol:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Can't remember how much I owe for maintenance loans, but I owe around 10-11k for tuition fees (Welsh students don't have to pay 9k a year).

It's not too bad tbh, you only start paying it back once you're earning over a certain amount, and you pay a little bit per month (kinda like a extra tax). Ive just started paying mine back, I look forward to the day it's all paid off :lol:
    It's 'not too bad' when you only owe c.10k in tuition fees :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    It's 'not too bad' when you only owe c.10k in tuition fees :rofl:
    I was referring to the way you pay it back

ReputationRep:
    Several vital organs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How much student loan will you owe when you finish your degree? Just curious, I already owe £27000 for tuition fees and roughly 7000 for maintanance loan :/
    I owe about £24k atm, but then i did start my degree, when fees were only £3k per year.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing much really only my soul and all my belongings

ReputationRep:
    9k a year for 5 years, + maintenance 😯

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I never took out a maintenance loan but after the 3 years of tuition my debt grew to 28.5k i think, i had 5k lying around at the time so brought it down to 23k for now.

You guys should really check how much you debt is, because you wont be on 27k lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'll owe £27,000 but I'm not too bothered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyLadDarren)
    I never took out a maintenance loan but after the 3 years of tuition my debt grew to 28.5k i think, i had 5k lying around at the time so brought it down to 23k for now.

You guys should really check how much you debt is, because you wont be on 27k lol.
    How long did it take to grow to that amount, was it after you finished uni or during uni?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say by the time I've graduated from this second degree I'll be about 80k+ in debt. Yay me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elmi)
    How long did it take to grow to that amount, was it after you finished uni or during uni?
    Well I graduated this July and it was actually 28.5k (or 28.8 can't remember) when i checked in August.

So over the 3 years while i was at uni it added like 1.5k+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VETwannabe)
    I'd say by the time I've graduated from this second degree I'll be about 80k+ in debt. Yay me!
    I thought you couldn't borrow for a second degree. I suppose owing 80k won't affect you much for than say 40 or 50k since you will still be paying the same back each month and then it gets wiped after 30 years (apparently). Though the government make changes all the time.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.