Am I too skinny Watch

CheesyBeans
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by avalanche)
You have a bmi ticker factory losing weight thing in your sig, you will be on the jelous side lol. Im not saying your actually jelous though
I'm not on the jealous side. I am shorter than the OP and I wouldn't WANT to be 7 stone. The lowest weight I would like to be is 8 stone. I'm not overweight either which is what Sithius is implying about anyone saying that it wouldn't harm the OP to put on a few pounds.
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by CheesyBeans)
I'm not on the jealous side. I am shorter than the OP and I wouldn't WANT to be 7 stone. The lowest weight I would like to be is 8 stone. I'm not overweight either which is what Sithius is implying about anyone saying that it wouldn't harm the OP to put on a few pounds.
She isn't skinny though. She looks normal.

Preferences? What do her friends fancy her now? No, they are most likely jealous.
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sithius)
She isn't skinny though. She looks normal.

Preferences? What do her friends fancy her now? No, they are most likely jealous.
You can think that someone is attractive without fancying them.

Who is saying she is too skinny? I'm not. I'm saying I personally wouldn't want to be as slim as her so I'm not exactly going to be green with envy am I? I pesonally think OP would look better with maybe another half a stone on her but as Grace has said somewhere, maybe she might just look better if she dressed a bit better and flattered her figure more.

I'm just fed up with people assuming others are jealous of a slim girl if they don't personally want to be that slim or don't find very slim people attractive.
seanw
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by negated enigma)
thats a build up of dead babies. a moment through your lips a lifetime on the hips.
hahahaha. awesome ;D
avalanche
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lol how the hell can you tell what she dresses like just by that pic
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by avalanche)
lol how the hell can you tell what she dresses like just by that pic
:rolleyes: Read Grace's post about different fitting jeans etc.
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm just fed up with people assuming others are jealous of a slim girl if they don't personally want to be that slim or don't find very slim people attractive.
Why would "not wanting to be that slim or don't find very slim people attractive" compel someone to tell someone else to gain weight? :confused:

I wouldn't want to be fat but I don't go telling fat people that they should lose weight. There's no need. People who are content with their own bodies don't generally feel the impulse to tell other people how they should change theirs.
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by more adventurous)
Why would "not wanting to be that slim or don't find very slim people attractive" compel someone to tell someone else to gain weight? :confused:

I wouldn't want to be fat but I don't go telling fat people that they should lose weight. There's no need. People who are content with their own bodies don't generally feel the impulse to tell other people how they should change theirs.
I'm not telling anyone that they should gain weight. I'm simply giving my opinion and if that is that I personally think that someone would look better with a bit more weight on them then I will say. After all, OP DID ask for our opinions...

People tell fat people to lose weight all the time. You might not do it but plenty of others do.

I'm not feeling the impulse to tell someone to change their body. I have answered to a thread asking for opinions so I am giving my opinion. I am in no way telling the OP to change her body for gods sake.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 years ago
ok seriously, everyone has a different body type, and OP you look absolutely fine, don't worry about any negative comments. yes some people prefer more curves, but some people would also kill for a figure like yours! I promise you people will not be thinking about your weight when they look at you, its not an obvious thing, you're just petite. personally I'm the same weight as you and six inches taller, I know this is too skinny but even for me, people don't comment on it, its too damn rude! just dress to flatter yourself and you'll look great, pretty much anyone can improve their figure with the right clothes.
DodgyTrousers
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Without wishing to sound letchy, you like great to me. Very nice.

</perv>

I am a bit worried about the fact you have a bright yellow spark for a head though.
yellowdaisy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm five foot three and was under 7 stone until I went to Africa for five months and lived off carbs the entire time. I would say as long as you eat sensibly and healthily then you're fine. personally i think i look a bit better with more curves but i had a stomach like yours and now i don't and i miss it! as long as you are happy with yourself and are healthy then you have nothing to worry about.
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm not telling anyone that they should gain weight. I'm simply giving my opinion and if that is that I personally think that someone would look better with a bit more weight on them then I will say. After all, OP DID ask for our opinions...

People tell fat people to lose weight all the time. You might not do it but plenty of others do.

I'm not feeling the impulse to tell someone to change their body. I have answered to a thread asking for opinions so I am giving my opinion. I am in no way telling the OP to change her body for gods sake.
Fat people are often advised to lose weight for their own health. The OP looks perfectly healthy and if her friends are telling her to put on weight then they are most likely jealous, as I've already said.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 11 years ago
I don't think your arms look particularly skinny. My arms are thinner than yours and I do feel conscious about it. You look fine though.
grace
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Fat people are often advised to lose weight for their own health. The OP looks perfectly healthy and if her friends are telling her to put on weight then they are most likely jealous, as I've already said.
maybe she asks her friend if she looks too skinny, like she asked us and they gave their opinion?!

or maybe she looks thinner in real life than she looks in pictures.

not everyone is jealous of one particular body type, and not everyone who thinks the op looks too skinny is jealous. 'too skinny' is a matter of taste, really.
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by grace)
maybe she asks her friend if she looks too skinny, like she asked us and they gave their opinion?!

or maybe she looks thinner in real life than she looks in pictures.

not everyone is jealous of one particular body type, and not everyone who thinks the op looks too skinny is jealous. 'too skinny' is a matter of taste, really.
If she doesn't look too skinny then why would her friends say she should put on some weight? Even if asked it's ridiculous.
grace
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If she doesn't look too skinny then why would her friends say she should put on some weight? Even if asked it's ridiculous.
well, not really;

#1 =
'do you think i'm fat?'
'well, maybe you could do with losing half a stone'

#2 =
'do you think i'm too skinny?'
'well, maybe you could do with putting on half a stone'

why is #2 automatically jealous and #1 isn't?!
<3 Caterpillar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im 17, 5 ft 1 and just under 7 stone.

and i wouldnt class myself as too skinny.

my legs wobble sometimes ahah.
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by grace)
well, not really;

#1 =
'do you think i'm fat?'
'well, maybe you could do with losing half a stone'

#2 =
'do you think i'm too skinny?'
'well, maybe you could do with putting on half a stone'

why is #2 automatically jealous and #1 isn't?!
If two isn't skinny... why say put on half a stone?
Angrybanana
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's all down to opinion at the end of the day. Everyone knows, or can look up, what health professionals class as a healthy BMI and apart from that it's a matter of taste. And it's a sweeping assumption to brand anyone who thinks she is too skinny as jealous. Particularly if they are being directly asked for their view on what's skinny like on this thread.
loulouxx
Report 11 years ago
Nah that seems fine, my sisters 5ft and 5 1/2 stone, but she looks great cuz its her natural weight, if anyone else was that weight theyd look awful all thier bones & ribs would stick out becuase it wouldnt be natural, infact my ribs stickout more than hers(im 9stone)
im sure you look great xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (50)
26.88%
No (136)
73.12%

Watched Threads