My references have now been sent for my msc... AMA

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have just found out that my second reference has been submitted for my masters conversion degree at nottingham, starting in 2017. Whilst it is true that my criminal record could prove to be a stumbling block, i am hoping that a good and above all honest, personal statement, and two steller references, will be enough to get me a place??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Whilst it is true that my criminal record could prove to be a stumbling block
    Tell us about the criminal record, Johny boy.

A bit of theft? A bit if fisty fun with the neighbours? Setting fire to bins? This is all assuming that you are of normal criminal element :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    Tell us about the criminal record, Johny boy.

A bit of theft? A bit if fisty fun with the neighbours? Setting fire to bins? This is all assuming that you are of normal criminal element :holmes:
    If you mean by abnormal have i ever hurt minors, no i haven't. Assault is on there, i'm not sure what else.

ReputationRep:
    I have just found out that my second reference has been submitted for my masters conversion degree at nottingham, starting in 2017. Whilst it is true that my criminal record could prove to be a stumbling block, i am hoping that a good and above all honest, personal statement, and two steller references, will be enough to get me a place??
    not trying to be a downer or anything John but how is yet another degree going to help you? you need some work experience....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    not trying to be a downer or anything John but how is yet another degree going to help you? you need some work experience....
    true ciel. The good news is that i had an interview for a voluntary job today, and i think i got the job. The manager said that i would hear from them....

ReputationRep:
    true ciel. The good news is that i had an interview for a voluntary job today, and i think i got the job. The manager said that i would hear from them....
    well its better than nothing, you can do that for a few months, get some experience and fab references and then leave. Good luck with whatever you choose to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    well its better than nothing, you can do that for a few months, get some experience and fab references and then leave. Good luck with whatever you choose to do
    Yes thanks, it is for a social media job with a large health care charity. I am hoping that the manager will stay true to her word, and contact me again in the near future, or at least get another one of her team to. I thought the meeting went well, but you never can tell right?

x

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.