Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need serious help with computer science Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I need serious help understanding code in computer science, we're currently using python to code but we've used html and css before but I understand nothing about them, but my theory is one of the strongest in the class and I'd really like to learn more skills about this great art.

ReputationRep:
    Um, what's the inquiry exactly...?

ReputationRep:
    Just looking for advice on how best to learn to understand code better as most of the problems I have are with understanding and remembering syntax with any code language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mansnotintheeu)
    I need serious help understanding code in computer science, we're currently using python to code but we've used html and css before but I understand nothing about them, but my theory is one of the strongest in the class and I'd really like to learn more skills about this great art.
    There's not much to it. It does require some problem solving but in general the commands are all given in the information booklets you would have been given out. I'm sure you could buy some books to help with your coding, try looking for some Python books online. The programmes I've used to code in the past are HTML, CSS and LiveCode, the hardest one I had to use was probably CSS due to how easy it is to make errors and how hard it is to spot mistakes in code. My advice would be just study the coding books and understand the commands and when to use them. Ask your teacher for help. Buy a coding book online.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Whilst learning, stick to one language until you know the syntax off by heart and are confident with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mansnotintheeu)
    I recommend you just follow along python tutorials, you can find loads on YouTube but Lynda is better though you have to sign up and pay subscription.... maybe do the free trial first and see how it goes?

ReputationRep:
    practise. no amount of syntax memorisation nor YouTube tutorial searching will be as useful as intelligence practise. follow each venture in a new part of the language with practical exercises, and once you've learned a decent chunk, occupy yourself with a project that will take time to complete (>3 days)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help people its really appreciated and I'll try and do them all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.