Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Problem with multiple-choice math questions!!!

ReputationRep:
    I know you guy are familiar with multiple-choice math questions. But in my country, I mean Viet Nam, this kind of thing is really new. A year from now we will do the exam with multiple-choice math, and I get a little confused.
    So I will be glad to heard about what you guy think about multiple-choice math test, it that easier?

ReputationRep:
    The way to do it is to calculate your answer as if the choices were not there, then choose the one that corresponds with your answer. I find multiple-choice easier, because if you don't get an answer that they have given, you know you're wrong, so you can try again and again until you get one of the given answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minhnguyen0706)
    I know you guy are familiar with multiple-choice math questions. But in my country, I mean Viet Nam, this kind of thing is really new. A year from now we will do the exam with multiple-choice math, and I get a little confused.
    So I will be glad to heard about what you guy think about multiple-choice math test, it that easier?
    (Original post by *SweaterWeather*)
    The way to do it is to calculate your answer as if the choices were not there, then choose the one that corresponds with your answer. I find multiple-choice easier, because if you don't get an answer that they have given, you know you're wrong, so you can try again and again until you get one of the given answers
    I would do as *SweaterWeather* suggested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *SweaterWeather*)
    Though bear in mind smarter multiple choice questions will include "wrong answers" as options that you will incorrectly conclude if you make one of the common mistakes people make when solving that type of question.

ReputationRep:
    the multiple choice stuff is free marks imo. just don't fall for the bait answers and you're golden.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.