Problem with multiple-choice math questions!!! Watch

minhnguyen0706
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I know you guy are familiar with multiple-choice math questions. But in my country, I mean Viet Nam, this kind of thing is really new. A year from now we will do the exam with multiple-choice math, and I get a little confused.
So I will be glad to heard about what you guy think about multiple-choice math test, it that easier?
*SweaterWeather*
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The way to do it is to calculate your answer as if the choices were not there, then choose the one that corresponds with your answer. I find multiple-choice easier, because if you don't get an answer that they have given, you know you're wrong, so you can try again and again until you get one of the given answers
IYGB
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by minhnguyen0706)
I know you guy are familiar with multiple-choice math questions. But in my country, I mean Viet Nam, this kind of thing is really new. A year from now we will do the exam with multiple-choice math, and I get a little confused.
So I will be glad to heard about what you guy think about multiple-choice math test, it that easier?
(Original post by *SweaterWeather*)
The way to do it is to calculate your answer as if the choices were not there, then choose the one that corresponds with your answer. I find multiple-choice easier, because if you don't get an answer that they have given, you know you're wrong, so you can try again and again until you get one of the given answers
I would do as *SweaterWeather* suggested
In One Ear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by *SweaterWeather*)
Though bear in mind smarter multiple choice questions will include "wrong answers" as options that you will incorrectly conclude if you make one of the common mistakes people make when solving that type of question.
iThrow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
the multiple choice stuff is free marks imo. just don't fall for the bait answers and you're golden.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?