The Student Room Group

Uni for material science

My predicted grades will be A*A*A probably plus an a for as further maths after dropping a b in biology and a c in global perspectives so I'm going to apply to oxbridge although I know I'm getting rejected because my average best 3 ums was 86-87%, but I have to apply by the 15th of october anyway so it might be worth applying even if it's just to appease my parents. I know I'm definitely applying to imperial, birmingham, manchester and probably oxford or cambridge but I'm not sure about my fifth choice. Should i put exeter, liverpool, loughborough or southampton(for mechanical and materials) as my fifth choice? Any advice
It depends what you are looking for if it is a worst case insurance try looking at Sheffield Hallam and Loughborough is a lovely campus uni however if you want a city uni it's not for you Southampton doesn't do a course which is just material science/engineering so that might not be the best choice, exerter I don't really know about but they are 10th on th eleauge tables, Liverpool again doesn't do materials science/engineering by itself. I would advise looking at the good university guide, which university and ucas before making your choice though.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending