Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Next England manager?

• View Poll Results: Who will be the next permanent England boss?
    Gareth Southgate
    18.08%
    Steve Bruce
    8.22%
    Glenn Hoddle
    9.32%
    Eddie Howe
    7.40%
    Alan Pardew
    10.14%
    Arsene Wenger
    20.82%
    Someone else
    26.03%

ReputationRep:
    Big Sam's got the big boot - so who's going to be next to get the England boss poisoned chalice?

ReputationRep:
    Not Arsene Wenger please :lol:

Probably Glenn Hoddle.

ReputationRep:
    Ladbrokes have Beckham at 100/1

So probably not him.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea who any of these people are so GG. WP
    I'm voting Boris Johnson for Manager of England - he can do it for London, why not for England?
    Free Boris Bikes for All!

Peace up, A town down

ReputationRep:
    I quite like the sound of the Southgate to Wenger suggestions floating about (i.e. give it to Southgate until end of the season). The big issue that the FA has though is that they can't really hang about, as they have World Cup Qualifiers ahead and will want to get the team settled as quickly as possible.

It's possible they may give it to Southgate depending on how he performs over the next four matches, but it wouldn't surprise me if they go with the easier options of Bruce or Hoddle.

I don't like the Eddie Howe option myself, would be a rogue move going for him i feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaron--walker)
    I have no idea who any of these people are so GG. WP
    I'm voting Boris Johnson for Manager of England - he can do it for London, why not for England?
    Free Boris Bikes for All!

Peace up, A town down
    BoJo's a quality shout. He's got the class and experience.

ReputationRep:
    Can you add 'give it Giggsy til the end of the season' to the poll shooks

ReputationRep:
    The options are, lets be honest, pretty bleak.

Gonna go with Hoddle, just so I dont have to listen to his total bullahit commentary.

ReputationRep:
    f*** off Hoddle
    f*** off Southgate
    f*** off Bruce
    f*** off Pardew

Don't want any of them flops near the job.

I'd go LVG myself.

ReputationRep:
    This is uninspiring.

ReputationRep:
    Having taken Hartlepool United on to Champions League glory on Football Manager, I believe I am more than qualified to manage England.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty crap list on the whole (and Wenger won't take the job).

ReputationRep:
    There is no way Arsene Wenger is going to take the England job at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Hoddle again, or Pardiola

ReputationRep:
    LVG would actually be a really good appointment

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea why anybody would want Hoddle. In the media he offers next to nothing in terms of tactical insight, so why would people think he is suddenly going to have a clue what he's doing once he is manager - especially having not managed in 10 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    I have no idea why anybody would want Hoddle. In the media he offers next to nothing in terms of tactical insight, so why would people think he is suddenly going to have a clue what he's doing once he is manager - especially having not managed in 10 years.
    Don't forget his absolutely disgusting comments about disabled people as well.

Hoddle's never getting the job, he's just going to be linked with it for years just like Alan Curbishley used to be linked with every Premier League manager's vacancy even though he'd been out of a job for years.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger should be telling the FA to do one, the media would be crazy with the amount of French related jokes and he would get zero respect. If Wenger is going to manage a national side I hope it is for France.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glib)
    LVG would actually be a really good appointment
    This, actually. Also the banter would be off the charts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Don't forget his absolutely disgusting comments about disabled people as well.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.