Turn on thread page Beta

Whos Better?... NIRVANA or FOO FIGHTERS? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Foo Fighters. I am a fan of Nirvana, but they don't do it for me musically

ReputationRep:
    I like both but I'll say Foo Fighters, because I know their stuff better and listen to them more than I listen to Nirvana. Wish I could've seen Nirvana live though

ReputationRep:
    Foos. But Grohl is a god, and thus there is a case for both.

ReputationRep:
    Nirvana!!:yy:

ReputationRep:
    Foos

Nirvana :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    lol, 'nirvana were deadly serious and always miserable'. WRONG. kurt was well known for his sense of humour, he was more for being sarcastic and taking the piss while dave just goofs around.

anyway like some guy said, foo fighters make great singles, rubbish albums. i'd choose nevermind or in utero over any foos album. foos have made a few legendary songs though. also foos will never have the influence nirvana had.

ReputationRep:
    This is a hard one....but id have to say NIRVANA! Foos are still amazingly good tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laika)
    Not really. Most of Nirvana's music is littered with dry or dark humour. Nirvana are infinitely better. Foo Fighters are fun but ultimately a nothing band.
    What he said.

I'm convinced a lot of people hate Nirvana just to go along with the crowd or for a number of other stupid reasons. I don't have a problem with people disliking them for legitimate reasons but a lot of the time peoples reasons are bull****.

ReputationRep:
    I like them both but of course Nirvana are the better band, its not even close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    I like them both but of course Nirvana are the better band, its not even close.

Well I guess I agree with you...

MY Vote Is For Nirvana lolzz

ReputationRep:
    foo fighters

ReputationRep:
    Nirvana are hardcore whereas Thye Foos produce the kind of music that can be used on 'This Life'. I would have meant that to mean Nirvana at one point in my life but now I mean The Foos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKJaden)
    I have got one spare ticket for the Foo Fighters concert in Edinburgh on the 21st of August, cos my friend isn't going. But if you want to go then it wouldn't be wasted.:pizza:
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid I'm away from tomorrow until the 23rd. Sorry!

Hope you find someone to go with! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Foos :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aza484)
    Foos. But Grohl is a god, and thus there is a case for both.
    :yy:

Nirvana. The Foo's are ok. But a lot of their stuff kinda bores me. Nirvana still seem new to me, how ever many times I listen to it.

ReputationRep:
    Nirvana without a doubt. The Foos are ok is you like over-hyped cheese!

ReputationRep:
    After hearing some of the new stuff, it's definitely the foo fighters. Undeniably though, all apologies is a remarkably good song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smirk Shot!)
    Have listened to both just cant decide whos better?... NIRVANA or FOO FIGHTERS?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?:rolleyes:
    I was never a massive Nirvana fan although I was the right age (high school) to listen to them when Kurt Cobain died. I can even remember the day he died with all these girls coming up to me and saying "Oh my god, it's so sad. I can't believe he's gone". I was under the impression they probably only knew one song by them: probably Rape Me and maybe Smells like Teen Spirit and that's it.

I always thought Pearl Jam (their grunge "archrivals" at the time) were more interesting but they had an underdog image: the band members took it in turns to write songs so they never really had one style. No Code is one of my favourite albums.

When Dave Grohl and Pat Smear (or whatever that guy's name is) created Foo Fighters, I finally took notice. Since the 90s, there are few rock bands, apart from maybe RHCP who have produced so many well-known songs:
    Big Me, This Is A Call, Everlong, My Hero, Walking After You, Learn to Fly, Breakout, Best of You... the stream of singles never stops.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.