Whos Better?... NIRVANA or FOO FIGHTERS? Watch

Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There's a FF video, can't remember which one, where Dave Grohl has an argument with his fellow band members and says something along the lines "Do you know who I am? I was in the best band of all time". So clearly he has his opinion on the matter...

Actually I think it was a bonus video on one of their CDs. That's where I saw it. Here's a link:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/233295...nk_and_pissed/

"Don't tell me how to make a record. I was in Nirvana"
"What?"
"I was in the greatest rock and roll band of the 90s, which changed the course of rock music"
vector
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Dave Grohl is awesome
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vector)
Dave Grohl is awesome
I wonder how he can be one of the most important guys in rock music, yet be so unassuming and have no ego.

I mean look at him and then look at Bono or Anthony Kiedis or even Chris Martin if you have to. Dave still laughs awkwardly like a little dork who's just picked up his first musical instrument.
vector
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I do despise Bono, but I like Chris Martin.
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm a Foos man, myself.
Dave for President!
Diru
Report 11 years ago
Foo Fighters.

Nirvana were incredibly average and are incredibly overrated.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I do despise Bono, but I like Chris Martin.
So do I but you can clearly tell that Coldplay's success has got to Chris Martin's head. I mean, just the whole political stuff and the weird dancing on stage. I preferred it when they were all dorky student types.

It's just so surprising that Dave Grohl is such a laidback guy.
vector
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, I guess. I don't know much about Chris Martin off stage though tbh. There are others though - Muse are reaching Coldplay's level and Matt Bellamy is still thinking straight (or at least as straight as he ever was)
Smirk Shot!
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
"I was in the greatest rock and roll band of the 90s, which changed the course of rock music"[/QUOTE]

Yeah I believe that!!! lolzzzzz
Smirk Shot!
"I was in the greatest rock and roll band of the 90s, which changed the course of rock music"[/QUOTE]

Yeah I believe that!!! lolzzzzz
Smirk Shot!
Nirvana were incredibly average and are incredibly overrated.[/QUOTE]

Well that statement is quite controversial and arguable!!:cool:
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Matt Bellamy is still thinking straight (or at least as straight as he ever was)
I've always found that he's completely full of himself and not at all modest. Before even getting any significant critical acclaim he was already claiming to be a musical genius.
Zovc
Report 11 years ago
Nirvana FTW!
noujazeg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
NIRVANA!!! And hooooly **** I can't believe how many people have chosen the Foo Fighters!:eek:

Dave Grohl has his charm but as a frontman he just doesn't do it for me.
vector
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sticky)
I've always found that he's completely full of himself and not at all modest. Before even getting any significant critical acclaim he was already claiming to be a musical genius.
I've never heard of him making that claim. He said there are players that he will never come close to, and that his career will compose solely of trying to get as close to them as he can.

Besides, he is a musical genius.
username33685
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeh every time i've heard matt bellamy make such claims about being great its obviously been tongue in the cheek. but back on topic, saw foos at v, and i'm even more confused. dave is an awesome front man, his banter is legendary, but for an 80 minute set and considering they have 6 albums worth of material now, there were actually a couple of occasions i was bored, so i stick with the 'awesome singles ,average albums' statement i made earlier. when they're good, they are VERY good, but otherwise they are just meh.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by howsoonisnow)
NIRVANA!!! And hooooly **** I can't believe how many people have chosen the Foo Fighters!:eek:
Well it's just that most people on this forum weren't really paying much attention to music yet before Kurt Cobain's death and the following years.
Most people here will have grown up with the FF.

Maybe I'm a bit wrong about Matt Bellamy. I'm not a huge Muse fan and have heard about his inflated ego but I might be wrong. I just saw one interview where he was showing some instrument he had designed, and it really sounded like he was full of himself, like he was in a different league to all these "common rock bands".
vector
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If I designed guitar like his I'd show them off as well...
Homage
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by rich2606)
...when they're good, they are VERY good, but otherwise they are just meh.
Agreed. Self titled Foos is the best imo, mainly coz it's most like Nirvana :p: , who get my vote btw. Having said that, I listen to both bands depending on how im feeling... Nirvana if im feelin a bit angsty or just wanna rock the **** out, and Foos if I wanna just... y'know... listen to Foos i guess!

I tells ya one thing, nothing gets a party goin like Radio Friendly Unit Shifter... that is one hell of a song.

I dislike it when people say Nirvana are overrated as well. I find that most people who say that have only ever heard Teen Spirit, or at a push, Nervmind . They've never even touched In Utero or Bleach, which I rekon are both far better than Nevermind. I dunno how many people that applies to on here, but it's just what ive found.

Nevermind is overrated (it's still good, but overrated nontheless), Nirvana aren't.
AverageGuyOnTheStreet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I like both bands. I would probably be expected to prefer the Foo Fighters as I wasn't into music properly until some time after Kurt Cobain died. But I think I would say Nirvana are slightly better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (22)
25.88%
No - I got the required grades (52)
61.18%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (11)
12.94%

Watched Threads