Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Post Grad loans for 2 year+ MSc AHP pre-reg courses

I am a english undergraduate in my final year of a 4 degree in scotland. I'm hoping to apply to QMU Edinburgh for a postgraduate MSc pre-registration course that lasts 2 years and 2 months, starting September 2017.

I have been following the consultations between the government and council of deans for some time about this matter. I am really pleased they have decided to extend the tuition loans and bursaries for 2017 until they come up with a long term plan.

However I have some pretty important questions:

1. am i definitely still considered an english student i.e. can i still apply to s.e given i have studied in Scotland for 4 years?
    2. will the tuition loan cover the full tuition? (~£8550 a year + 2 months)
    3. will the maintenance loan take into account my parents income?
    4. will the maintenance ever be enough to live off or will i have to look into bank loans?

I'd love to know the answers to these ASAP as I'm going to be applying this weekend, and if i end up not having any finance plans i will get rejected/have to pull out at a later date! Thank you

Someone help me

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

If you have lived in Scotland for the last 3 years you will not be eligible to apply for the Post Graduate Loan from SFE.

Thanks

Even though I'm a student? And my registered out of term time address and student finance address is in England?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

If your home address has remained in England you may be eligible to receive the post graduate loan, I would advise you to make an application and we can review this.

Thanks

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.