Post Grad loans for 2 year+ MSc AHP pre-reg courses Watch

username2859416
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am a english undergraduate in my final year of a 4 degree in scotland. I'm hoping to apply to QMU Edinburgh for a postgraduate MSc pre-registration course that lasts 2 years and 2 months, starting September 2017.

I have been following the consultations between the government and council of deans for some time about this matter. I am really pleased they have decided to extend the tuition loans and bursaries for 2017 until they come up with a long term plan.

However I have some pretty important questions:

1. am i definitely still considered an english student i.e. can i still apply to s.e given i have studied in Scotland for 4 years?
2. will the tuition loan cover the full tuition? (~£8550 a year + 2 months)
3. will the maintenance loan take into account my parents income?
4. will the maintenance ever be enough to live off or will i have to look into bank loans?

I'd love to know the answers to these ASAP as I'm going to be applying this weekend, and if i end up not having any finance plans i will get rejected/have to pull out at a later date! Thank you
username2859416
Rep:
?
Someone help me
Carly SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

If you have lived in Scotland for the last 3 years you will not be eligible to apply for the Post Graduate Loan from SFE.

Thanks
username2859416
Rep:
?
Even though I'm a student? And my registered out of term time address and student finance address is in England?
Carly SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

If your home address has remained in England you may be eligible to receive the post graduate loan, I would advise you to make an application and we can review this.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?