could i get neck and back pain due to my bra size?

Announcements

ive had constant upper back and neck pain for about a year now and its so hurtful. it literally gives me head aches all the time and its so discomforting. the thing is though my bra size is 28DD/30D but that isnt the type of d that comes to peoples minds. i have a small waist so the only back size that is suitable for me is is 28/30.

i have quite perky and round breasts and at times they can feel quite heavy esp when im due on they go all sore and swollen and feel like theyre about to burst.

could my back pain be due to my breasts?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    ive had constant upper back and neck pain for about a year now and its so hurtful. it literally gives me head aches all the time and its so discomforting. the thing is though my bra size is 28DD/30D but that isnt the type of d that comes to peoples minds. i have a small waist so the only back size that is suitable for me is is 28/30.

i have quite perky and round breasts and at times they can feel quite heavy esp when im due on they go all sore and swollen and feel like theyre about to burst.

Maybe but also poor posture.

i'd suggest looking into getting a proper bra fitting. If you are lucky enough to have a Rigby and Peller near you then there, but also others do them in which case id use two to see if they match M&S John Lewis and Debenhams have them.

See you GP as well. maybe some physio or exercise to improve back strength would help.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Maybe but also poor posture.

i'd suggest looking into getting a proper bra fitting. If you are lucky enough to have a Rigby and Peller near you then there, but also others do them in which case id use two to see if they match M&S John Lewis and Debenhams have them.

See you GP as well. maybe some physio or exercise to improve back strength would help.
    i got my bra size checked about a year ago and was shocked at my size bc i was wearing 32B sizes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I have three suggestions:
    Proper bra fitting (can be done at M&S or Debenhams). A poor fitting bra can affect your posture and cause aches and pains. A proper bra fitting will ensure you have a good bra and you can also ask them for advice. Underwired bras are worse than non by the way, so try a non-wired.
    See an osteopath. You might be able to get a referal to see one by your doctor but i'm not sure. Mine costs £20 for a session though. They can examine your posture and check for anything that could be causing aches and pains like scar tissue or wonky joints. I went to see one after a couple of years of back pain and it turns out my ribs were slightly off in places. They adjusted them and after a few sessions my problems were all but gone. They've also helped by dad with cronic back pain and my bf with migranes. They are unsung heros as far as i'm concerned!
    See a doctor. They can advise you on things that could cause it and who you can see or what you can do to help it. I'd definately suggest this if you don't notice improvement a couple of weeks after a bra fitting.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.