Any way I can get into medicine with these grades?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got A*A*AABBBBCCC at GCSE, A* in English language, and English literature, B's in my two science and a C in maths (still heartbroken I was 1 mark off a B but its a C regardless) and now I'm studying Economics, English Literature and Geography at a level, predicted AAB respectively. Anyone know any foundation degree programmes that will take me on with these grades or will I have to do a post graduate degree in medicine? . Anyone with similar grades got onto medicine without having to do the aforementioned degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limellow)
    I got A*A*AABBBBCCC at GCSE, A* in English language, and English literature, B's in my two science and a C in maths (still heartbroken I was 1 mark off a B but its a C regardless) and now I'm studying Economics, English Literature and Geography at a level, predicted AAB respectively. Anyone know any foundation degree programmes that will take me on with these grades or will I have to do a post graduate degree in medicine? . Anyone with similar grades got onto medicine without having to do the aforementioned degree?

you're not even doing 1 science at a level? you need chemistry a level minimum to do foundation medicine and why are you even doing medicine? are you pressured by your parents or something

ReputationRep:
    the greatest issue you face is that you hve no level 3 Science award ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    you're not even doing 1 science at a level? you need chemistry a level minimum to do foundation medicine and why are you even doing medicine? are you pressured by your parents or something
    No not really pressured by my parents, i want to do it. The degree I wanted to do previously is just not as employable, And I was asking because I found the Manchester foundation degree and it specifically asks for no science subjects at a level and if you do have some it wants no more than 1. But you need a B in maths which I dont have so I was just wondering if anyone knows other foundation programmes that meet my grades.

(Original post by limellow)
    No not really pressured by my parents, i want to do it. The degree I wanted to do previously is just not as employable, And I was asking because I found the Manchester foundation degree and it specifically asks for no science subjects at a level and if you do have some it wants no more than 1. But you need a B in maths which I dont have so I was just wondering if anyone knows other foundation programmes that meet my grades.
    retake maths gcse this november ? and then apply and okay cool, your interest in medicine just seems to have sprung from somewhere random but we all have our reasons so go for it

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.