Running with flat feet

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

So I want to start running. I looked at the fitness FAQ and have decided to do the couch to 5k programme. The only thing is that I suffer from over pronation due to having flat feet. As such, I need to get some running shoes which a specifically designed for flat feet (more specifically over pronation) so I was hoping to get some help with that here. Would you guys recommend any particular stores/websites?

After doing some research it seems that stability shoes are specifically designed for overpronation. The Nike Air Zoom structure 19 seems to fit the bill for what I'm looking for - http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/ai.../pgid-10338499. What are your thoughts on these shoes?

Any advice on running shoes for flat feet would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    not a shoe expert but good on you for trying to make some positive change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iThrow)
    not a shoe expert but good on you for trying to make some positive change
    hahah thanks mate, just want to get as much advice/info as I can before I make a purchase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopeful Runner)
    Hi

So I want to start running. I looked at the fitness FAQ and have decided to do the couch to 5k programme. The only thing is that I suffer from over pronation due to having flat feet. As such, I need to get some running shoes which a specifically designed for flat feet (more specifically over pronation) so I was hoping to get some help with that here. Would you guys recommend any particular stores/websites?

After doing some research it seems that stability shoes are specifically designed for overpronation. The Nike Air Zoom structure 19 seems to fit the bill for what I'm looking for - http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/ai.../pgid-10338499. What are your thoughts on these shoes?

Any advice on running shoes for flat feet would be greatly appreciated
    That page apparently no longer exists, but I do love my Nikes. I wear Nike Tanjuns. Not for running, just day to day wear, but I have serious foot problems and they help a lot. I find them to be nice and stable and hold my foot in a much better position. I definitely trust Nike shoes

ReputationRep:
    Find your local running shop and ask there. They're more likely to know than anyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Find your local running shop and ask there. They're more likely to know than anyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright cheers anyway

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.