Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Run-through Trauma & Orthopaedics (ST1) still happening in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone knew whether anywhere in the UK still did run-through T&O training (ST1-ST8) as opposed to uncoupled training (beginning at CT1). I suspect no, but would like to know what happened.

I am aware the Northern Deanery, the West Midlands Deanery and the Yorkshire and Humber Deanery started a pilot of mixed training (some do ST1, some do CT1) in 2010, but can't find out how this turned out. I am also aware Scotland still offer run-through training.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Simon-)
    Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone knew whether anywhere in the UK still did run-through T&O training (ST1-ST8) as opposed to uncoupled training (beginning at CT1). I suspect no, but would like to know what happened.

I am aware the Northern Deanery, the West Midlands Deanery and the Yorkshire and Humber Deanery started a pilot of mixed training (some do ST1, some do CT1) in 2010, but can't find out how this turned out. I am also aware Scotland still offer run-through training.

Thanks in advance.
    As far as i understand only Scotland offer this unless you apply to T&O ACF of which i believe there were only 4 in the country last year at ST1 (Northern, Sheffield, Imperial and i can't remember the fourth).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plrodham1)
    As far as i understand only Scotland offer this unless you apply to T&O ACF of which i believe there were only 4 in the country last year at ST1 (Northern, Sheffield, Imperial and i can't remember the fourth).
    Cheers mate.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.