Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Helix Piercing Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to get my helix pierced but I will have to take it out for an hour every week to play netball. Will it close up in this time?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJGilbert)
    I want to get my helix pierced but I will have to take it out for an hour every week to play netball. Will it close up in this time?
    That's a terrible idea. It will get irritated and probably develop scarring - which will be very painful and unsightly.

ReputationRep:
    It will close up, because you need to leave it in for a minimum of 6 weeks before taking it out (i advise longer as I have one) it will not develop a scar, it will just look like you never got it pierced. I love helix piercings but I guess if you are a regular netball player it would be difficult and cause complications

ReputationRep:
    One of them things that I have to google
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NafNaf39)
    One of them things that I have to google
    Are you that deluded that you think nobody will notice you're just spamming?

If you're doing it just to get to 100 posts and get a PS review, it won't work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Are you that deluded that you think nobody will notice you're just spamming?

If you're doing it just to get to 100 posts and get a PS review, it won't work.
    I have not spammed. They were genuine responses. If you're going to accuse somebody like that in the future, then please get your facts right.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NafNaf39)
    I have not spammed. They were genuine responses. If you're going to accuse somebody like that in the future, then please get your facts right.
    And please stop sending me abusive PMs.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure it's possible to get see through piercings that are small and will not hurt if they get pulled out because they're flexible material.

You could ask for your piercer to put these in for you or just enquire if they do any. Try researching bio flexible piercing retainers. I don't know if it will be of any help because I've never used any but it's worth a shot

ReputationRep:
    It will definitely close up or get a really bad infection. I took mine out for 2 days for a wheelchair basketball weekend and had to get my cousin to stab a needle through it after. Aren't you allowed to just cover them with tape rather than having to take them out ?

ReputationRep:
    do you absolutely have to take it out? if not, you could put tape over it or get it pierced with a clear retainer, which are more flexible and barely visible

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.