The Student Room Group

Annoyed with my intelligence

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
I disagree.

In your work and daily life there's a need not to alienate people. It helps to get along with acquaintances.

But when it comes to personal and social life, nobody owes anybody anything. There's no point in having an empty friendship where you have to change to fit in. Thankfully, that crap stays in the playground.

You are my favorite person. :redface:
Perhaps you need to increase your social intelligence.
Original post by 571122
People keep saying I outsmart them, that I discuss and talk too intelligent for them and then they don't want to discuss the (in my eyes, simple) things I want to discuss.
They also keep saying that I'm this 'super intelligent and clever guy', while I feel I have said nothing in a conversation that could lead to that conclusion. The other day I was just messing around, having small intellectual banter, talking about how all sides of a triangle equate 180 degrees and the hypotenuse of Pythagoras. All of a sudden people go "Woah man, you seem really clever!!". Yeah, what, you didn't study that stuff in high school? Man, I feel sad for some people.

I can be talking about almost anything and people will come out of the blue and call me 'very intelligent'. I don't know what's up with these people. I can't even discuss what's for me normal intellectual discussion - apparently for some people it's out of their league. Wooh, you discuss causation in physics, wooh, you must be some genius! Come on, give me a break.

The weirdest part is that I'm not even aware that I'm 'too smart'. Maybe I just hang out with dumb people.. who knows? Being myself is intellectually too exhausting for others, it seems.

I wonder if anyone is in the same boat as me.

do u seriously believe that taking about the most basic **** in maths makes u intelligent? oh my god...
Original post by Mathemagicien
What if they are being sarcastic?

Best post ever sir! You deserve a rep! :smile:
Original post by Rhaenys10
do u seriously believe that taking about the most basic **** in maths makes u intelligent? oh my god...

Oh my god madam! Shots fired! (Metaphorically)
Reply 25
thread.purge(trash);
Original post by Oxidation
Oh my god madam! Shots fired! (Metaphorically)

can t rep lol
tx
can t rep lol
tx

Haha! No worries! :wink:
tbh if someone just started talking about triangles in a conversation, i'd think they were a right weirdo
Reply 29
Original post by kirstybecs
tbh if someone just started talking about triangles in a conversation, i'd think they were a right weirdo

Euclid would be proud.
"People keep saying I outsmart them, that I discuss and talk too intelligent for them"

Is English not your strong point?
Original post by blahbleeblah
"People keep saying I outsmart them, that I discuss and talk too intelligent for them"

Is English not your strong point?

oh cut him some slack, he's good with maths
he knows about Pythagoras
=)))))))))
Original post by kirstybecs

or think theyre part of the illuminati............

=)))))))))

Original post by ForestShadow
or think theyre part of the illuminati............

=)))))))))

@UWS

I'm sorry, couldn't resist :laugh:

Reply 36
PRSOM

@Rhaenys10 stealing my posts now :frown:
Reply 37
ITT: people stroking their own egos.

I'm probably more intelligent, have graded higher and achieved more than all of you but can still chill with my mandem because I'm not some pretentious ******* talking about triangles with people who don't care about triangles.

I'm sure you're probably all just sprog's who still need to mature past this phase but keep in mind, belittling and cowing those you're required or desire to interact with will leave you the worst one off in the long run.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UWS
PRSOM

@Rhaenys10 stealing my posts now :frown:

could finally rep you lol
don't even know what that means tho.. an explanation would be lovely

Spoiler

Reply 39
Original post by 571122
People keep saying I outsmart them, that I discuss and talk too intelligent for them and then they don't want to discuss the (in my eyes, simple) things I want to discuss.
They also keep saying that I'm this 'super intelligent and clever guy', while I feel I have said nothing in a conversation that could lead to that conclusion. The other day I was just messing around, having small intellectual banter, talking about how all sides of a triangle equate 180 degrees and the hypotenuse of Pythagoras. All of a sudden people go "Woah man, you seem really clever!!". Yeah, what, you didn't study that stuff in high school? Man, I feel sad for some people.

I can be talking about almost anything and people will come out of the blue and call me 'very intelligent'. I don't know what's up with these people. I can't even discuss what's for me normal intellectual discussion - apparently for some people it's out of their league. Wooh, you discuss causation in physics, wooh, you must be some genius! Come on, give me a break.

The weirdest part is that I'm not even aware that I'm 'too smart'. Maybe I just hang out with dumb people.. who knows? Being myself is intellectually too exhausting for others, it seems.

I wonder if anyone is in the same boat as me.

*Sighs* My immediate reaction to you is that you are very arrogant. The entire way your point is worded makes it obvious- no matter how much you assure us that you aren't aware that you're very smart- that you very much so believe that you are smarter than all those around you. I have to say, dude, get over yourself. Yes, you may be smart, but you have to come to terms with the fact that whilst you may love making sure anyone you talk to knows just how intelligent you are, they probably couldn't care less. You should probably learn to turn off that part of your brain when you don't need to use it. I know how you feel, I have a very high IQ, but I understand that this is irrelevant to everyday conversations. Whilst it's great to discuss Pythaoras' theorem, when I'm relaxing with my friends I know that they and myself would much rather discuss memes, how great Keemstar is and everything Star Wars and Game of Thrones. You just need to learn to separate academics from your social life. People say to not mix work and play, because you choose your friends to have a great time with, not to work. Also, I just need to reiterate, get off your high horse!

Quick Reply

Latest