Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

buying the pill from superdrug - will my GP find out?

ReputationRep:
    my GP just took me off the combined contraceptive pill which I am really miffed about because I had one (ONE!) migraine with an aura and apparently this increases my chance of a stroke.

more info about why this is crap for me here :
    Spoiler:
    Show
    she's put me on the mini pill which has no estrogen and therefore won't help my acne, in fact it will make it worse (part of the reason I was on it in the first place)

having done some research and reading papers though I find the risk is actually only increased from 0.0001 to 0.0002 so tbh it's one I'm willing to take, especially as the alternatives make me feel queezy just thinking about them.

but I found out I can buy the pill I was on from Superdrug and they will deliver it to me, they say they will only inform my GP if I consent but I'd really really rather she didn't know as she will lecture me and I don't want to hear it. Has anyone done this? Does it get put on my medical record or is it seperate?

many thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lumos)
    my GP just took me off the combined contraceptive pill which I am really miffed about because I had one (ONE!) migraine with an aura and apparently this increases my chance of a stroke.

more info about why this is crap for me here :
    Spoiler:
    Show
    she's put me on the mini pill which has no estrogen and therefore won't help my acne, in fact it will make it worse (part of the reason I was on it in the first place)

having done some research and reading papers though I find the risk is actually only increased from 0.0001 to 0.0002 so tbh it's one I'm willing to take, especially as the alternatives make me feel queezy just thinking about them.

but I found out I can buy the pill I was on from Superdrug and they will deliver it to me, they say they will only inform my GP if I consent but I'd really really rather she didn't know as she will lecture me and I don't want to hear it. Has anyone done this? Does it get put on my medical record or is it seperate?

many thanks x
    If you don't give your permission I would suspect that they won't tell your GP. Are you planning on not telling superdrug about your migraine with aura? As the person prescribing it with them would also have the same concerns as your GP surely?

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

As a general rule for life, it's not a good idea to conceal the truth from your doctor or lawyer.

Is talking to another doctor - at a sexual health clinic or contraceptive clinic, for example - an option?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.