Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Medicine 5th option

ReputationRep:
    Hey what's everyone putting for their 5th option? I really want to do pharmacology but the offers I see are still quite high,at AAB. Any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for the standard biomed. At SGUL you can transfer into year 2 of their GEM course tho, which sounds quite good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only putting a 5th option because my sixth form is essentially forcing me to. When I said I wanted to leave it blank it was a massive deal. Oh well. Definitely apply for that they want smart people if you're predicted AAA you have as good a chance as most I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    I'm going for the standard biomed. At SGUL you can transfer into year 2 of their GEM course tho, which sounds quite good.
    That sounds good, I really like the idea of a transfer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcobruni98)
    I'm only putting a 5th option because my sixth form is essentially forcing me to. When I said I wanted to leave it blank it was a massive deal. Oh well. Definitely apply for that they want smart people if you're predicted AAA you have as good a chance as most I reckon.
    How come you didn't want to add another option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by busybee8)
    How come you didn't want to add another option?
    Because we can only apply for 4 medicine courses. I can't see myself studying anything else at this point. I think I'd take a gap year and reapply as well as do 2 more AS levels maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Can't see myself doing any other course, even bio-medicine, so may apply for economics at LSE. Oh how much I would pay to see the admission tutors' faces when they read a medicine personal statement...

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.