Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dates of studies Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I'm currently teaching myself A-Level psychology, I'm really enjoying it. However, I haven't been learning dates of the 'minor studies' - the ones used in evaluations etc. I recently read to get an A you need to know ALL the dates - is this the case?! I really hope not cause I'm useless at dates!
    Do you need to know them? And do they deduct marks if you put in a date and it's incorrect?

Also, I'm curious to see what optional topics for paper three people are thinking about learning - Im planning on learning 2 topics per section, and picking the best on the day of the exam? I might try for all 3, depending on how much time work takes up 😑

ReputationRep:
    Dates aren't necessary, but names are.

You should know a rough date for the key studies (Zimbardo, Milgram etc)

Don't overload yourself. Pick the suggested/guided one topic per section.

My students are doing Gender, Aggression and Schizophrenia simply because there's a lot of resources available for all 3. Have a look through the specification, there are some really short topics which are structured nicely, which may help when revising.

ReputationRep:
    No, I got an A as AS without putting any dates in - it's more about the content you know of the study/evaluation points. If I know that date, I'll put it in, but it's not something I force myself to remember.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both so much - made me feel a lot better. I think you're right about the optional paper - might just do one topic really thourougly! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    You won't pass just doing one topic.

You need to pick 1 from each section (3 in total) or you won't receive enough marks on paper 3, thus your grade will be pulled down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.