The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamz115
Oh well I have the confirmation so there is confirmation- from the top.
" People will be appointed in strict merit order - BUT taken from the oldest campaign first" That was the exact language used in the confirmation.
Regarding PCS involvement, I'd take that with a degree of scepticism - they will only be acting in the interest of internal candidates who are financially paying into them. External candidates certainly won't come into it or will be paid lip service at the very most so I'd not take much notice of PCS involvement this stage.

You're waiting for an O position and most on here are waiting for an HO so your situation doesn't affect us at all. Enough people have told you this already so why do you keep stating the same thing over and over
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Carol29
You're waiting for an O position and most on here are waiting for an HO so your situation doesn't affect us at all. Enough people have told you this already so why do you keep stating the same thing over and over

"Most" being the key word
Original post by Jamz115
"Most" being the key word

There are no 042R Officer campaigns, it was for HOs only even though the thread name says O. Therefore anyone waiting for an officer position is from another campaign and this thread won't help them at all. I say most because there are still people who think this thread discusses O roles but the majority are waiting on HO positions. Do u understand now?
Original post by Carol29
There are no 042R Officer campaigns, it was for HOs only even though the thread name says O. Therefore anyone waiting for an officer position is from another campaign and this thread won't help them at all. I say most because there are still people who think this thread discusses O roles but the majority are waiting on HO positions. Do u understand now?

The same principle applies. People should actually from other campaigns waiting for HO roles be complaining because they are an older campaign yet this campaign is getting priority. It's all bout fairness equality and the implementation of the proper procedures which is not currently happening if some internal people continue to spout the non-truth that older campaigns do not have priority.
Original post by Carol29

I hope he does get a formal offer soon, and I hope someone from this forum waiting for a HO position is his manager.
Original post by dontcallmesammy
I hope he does get a formal offer soon, and I hope someone from this forum waiting for a HO position is his manager.

All I am seeking is fairness and equality through standard procedures to be implemented which as to whether or not that is currently happening is debatable. Don't think that's much to ask.
Original post by Jamz115
All I am seeking is fairness and equality through standard procedures to be implemented which as to whether or not that is currently happening is debatable. Don't think that's much to ask.

It seems to me that you're asking that you're given a formal offer prior to someone who scores higher than you, because they applied for a campaign later than yours?
Original post by Jamz115

IF that is all you are seeking Jamz, you have selected the wrong target.

Many of your posts appear to be deliberately inflammatory and intended to unsettle or upset candidates for the 042R campaign - which as far as I can tell has absolutely nothing to do with your own personal grievance.

If you are as altruistic as you claim, you might bear in mind that the people you accuse of compromising your chances have done nothing wrong. They have simply been successful in a fairly testing recruitment process. If your bitter and envious posts claiming to have inside knowledge have caused anyone to have unnecessary worry you should be ashamed of yourself.
Original post by Jamz115

Me too!! I don't think it's fair we have to listen to you banging on all the time but unfortunately that can't be changed either :frown:
Original post by PyePye
IF that is all you are seeking Jamz, you have selected the wrong target.

Many of your posts appear to be deliberately inflammatory and intended to unsettle or upset candidates for the 042R campaign - which as far as I can tell has absolutely nothing to do with your own personal grievance.

If you are as altruistic as you claim, you might bear in mind that the people you accuse of compromising your chances have done nothing wrong. They have simply been successful in a fairly testing recruitment process. If your bitter and envious posts claiming to have inside knowledge have caused anyone to have unnecessary worry you should be ashamed of yourself.

Very well said 👏👏👏
Their argument there would be...

When that 1 job became available, the person with the lower score had their checks complete and the one with the higher score didn't.

They would argue that the merit principle hasn't been broken as they will say that the the person with the higher score is still assured of a job from the campaign, regardless of the time it takes.

Whether you agree or not and I'm no legal expert but that stance will probably stand up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by SMK2016
Their argument there would be...

When that 1 job became available, the person with the lower score had their checks complete and the one with the higher score didn't.

They would argue that the merit principle hasn't been broken as they will say that the the person with the higher score is still assured of a job from the campaign, regardless of the time it takes.

Whether you agree or not and I'm no legal expert but that stance will probably stand up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely and I am not disputing that - that is how it should be BUT ... what we are seeing is people from newer campaigns dropping into the deployment pool for the same grade with higher scores getting in ahead of people from older campaigns with lower scores. That is what is against their own principle as stated in their confirmation to myself and that is what they will be accountable for as to why they are not following their own procedure.
Jamzz's ambition has been to write as many posts as possible, create as much interaction as possible to get himself 'promoted' to community admin on a forum......he WILL be king of the keyboard warriors - lets try not to take that away from him :wink: !

On a positive note, I had a lovely call today from HR answering some queries I'd emailed, couldn't have been more helpful! Contract will be given by manager when start, 1st pay day 31st May.....that's all I need to worry about :wink: !!
Original post by Bottle5
Jamzz's ambition has been to write as many posts as possible, create as much interaction as possible to get himself 'promoted' to community admin on a forum......he WILL be king of the keyboard warriors - lets try not to take that away from him :wink: !

On a positive note, I had a lovely call today from HR answering some queries I'd emailed, couldn't have been more helpful! Contract will be given by manager when start, 1st pay day 31st May.....that's all I need to worry about :wink: !!

Thanks for the pay clarifiction! My current pay day is usually the 15th, but my annual leave allowance runs until October 1st. I've already used all my AL so my last pay will be recovering that, and something I bought through salary sacrifice, so no pay for me from 15th March to 31st May :O I'm lucky to be in a position where it won't impact me seriously but still a bit depressing!
Reply 3014
Original post by dontcallmesammy
Thanks for the pay clarifiction! My current pay day is usually the 15th, but my annual leave allowance runs until October 1st. I've already used all my AL so my last pay will be recovering that, and something I bought through salary sacrifice, so no pay for me from 15th March to 31st May :O I'm lucky to be in a position where it won't impact me seriously but still a bit depressing!

You can apply for a salary advance when you start.
Original post by aks45
You can apply for a salary advance when you start.

Aw, thanks, but I'll be okay - bills and everything are covered, it's more for fun than anything. I can wait happily :smile:
What's the annual leave situation? Is it pro rata so you get what's left of the years AL or does your years AL start when you start? I only ask because I already have 17 days booked off for my wedding and honeymoon end Sept to mid october. Didn't have it all booked last year when I applied lol
Congrats to all of those who have received formal offers. It's been worth the wait, I can only imagine 😀

Although I got my provisional offer in January this year, delays with OHP Assist have meant my PEC checks have been completed but appears to now be in limbo after being passed to the audit team. It's been with them for Some time now and no one can advise me on how long audit team checks take. Apparently they send you an email to say it is complete.

Has anyone had to wait long for audit checks after competing initial PECs?
Reply 3018
Original post by TonksNotDora
What's the annual leave situation? Is it pro rata so you get what's left of the years AL or does your years AL start when you start? I only ask because I already have 17 days booked off for my wedding and honeymoon end Sept to mid october. Didn't have it all booked last year when I applied lol

AL starts the month that you start. You can accumulate flexi days too so I'm sure it won't be a problem.
Original post by aks45
AL starts the month that you start. You can accumulate flexi days too so I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Thanks aks45 that's a relief!

Latest

Trending

Trending