The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="webster89;68683066"]I had my interview Friday 4th Nov. and asked when to expect an outcome. I was told definitely not until the end of November, possibly into December. Was also told that positions may not start until into January. The wait is killing me. I have stopped checking my email and this thread so much, and trying my best to put it at the back of my mind otherwise I will literally go round the twist![/QUOTE

That's pretty much in line with what I was expecting. I did email on the off chance and received what felt like a copy and paste response saying that interviews were still ongoing. I'm not convinced this is the case having followed this thread closely, but never the less if I am lucky enough to be successful, if I know by Christmas for a start date end of Jan, I will be happy with that.
[QUOTE="Sk80gse;68688324"]
Original post by webster89
I had my interview Friday 4th Nov. and asked when to expect an outcome. I was told definitely not until the end of November, possibly into December. Was also told that positions may not start until into January. The wait is killing me. I have stopped checking my email and this thread so much, and trying my best to put it at the back of my mind otherwise I will literally go round the twist![/QUOTE

That's pretty much in line with what I was expecting. I did email on the off chance and received what felt like a copy and paste response saying that interviews were still ongoing. I'm not convinced this is the case having followed this thread closely, but never the less if I am lucky enough to be successful, if I know by Christmas for a start date end of Jan, I will be happy with that.

Interviews are still happening - there was mention on these forums of somewhere having interviews next Monday, 28th. I haven't heard of any after that. I sent an email today and also got a somewhat copy and pasted response. However, the following line should make it clear to us that we will not hear anything this week:

'We will contact candidates by email as soon as we are able to release outcomes to all locations.'

So, it looks like results will not be released on a location by location basis, and we will all find out at the same time.
Reply 1002
End of this week results
Reply 1003
Original post by hco786
End of this week results

Doesn't seem likely if there's interviews on Monday and they're letting everyone know at the same time
Reply 1004
Interviews are over last one was on 11th nov
Original post by hco786

There were still interviews in Liverpool on 14th and 15th November.
Reply 1006
Original post by hco786

Someone stated on here there were sweep up interviews 28 November and go by what most people were told it will be next week before we hear
Original post by Sk80gse

And someone mentioned sweep up interviews somewhere next Monday so they're definitely not finished.
Original post by hco786

Reply 1009
They are finished
I have heard that the last of the interviews took place today and there are no more. I got this information internally..

Based on the above, this Friday could be likely day for results ..don't quote me though

Interview results either way if you have been successful or not will be sent out at the same time for everybody. Thats how its been internally, and I don't see it being any different for these external jobs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1011
Original post by Husk24
I have heard that the last of the interviews took place today and there are no more. I got this information internally..

Based on the above, this Friday could be likely..don't quote me though

Could they just be the scheduled interviews? Hopefully they are over and we hear that bit sooner but I'm a bit dubious as someone said they had a sweep up
Original post by theduffman82
And someone mentioned sweep up interviews somewhere next Monday so they're definitely not finished.

Yes they did but not sure how accurate that was. But can vouch that they were still here in Liverpool on 15th.
Reply 1013
They are finished
I was one of the peeps who said the sweep up sessions were on 28th, lol, I was misinformed, it was actually today.
(edited 7 years ago)
So I think we can agree that the last of the interviews took place today?
Original post by Twinpeaks
You can't switch between departments if it's the same grade for at least 2 years????

You can't move to a different position within HMRC at the same grade for two years. You can apply for HMRC jobs on promotion and you can apply for any job in a different government department of you meet their eligibility criteria. Almost all departments state candidates in their probationary period can't apply, HMRC accept applications from people in probation.
(edited 7 years ago)
I have an interview on Thursday this week and there are further interviews on Friday. In Leeds.
Original post by webster89
I had my interview Friday 4th Nov. and asked when to expect an outcome. I was told definitely not until the end of November, possibly into December. Was also told that positions may not start until into January. The wait is killing me. I have stopped checking my email and this thread so much, and trying my best to put it at the back of my mind otherwise I will literally go round the twist!

Going by experience of having been through this process - add about 3 months on to when they say you'll get started 👍
From what everyone is saying, this could be the final stretch.. If all scheduled and wash-up interview sessions have concluded..the countdown to outcome emails is on! Good luck everyone! *fingers crossed* :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending