The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What was the story with the second interview?

There was a total mix up with my interview - the panel thought I was there for a second interview! Luckily I had my confirmation email with me so we went ahead with a full interview but they must have spent the rest of the day trying to catch up.

Any ideas why some people were called back?
Reply 1261
Was this in leeds?

Original post by PyePye
What was the story with the second interview?

There was a total mix up with my interview - the panel thought I was there for a second interview! Luckily I had my confirmation email with me so we went ahead with a full interview but they must have spent the rest of the day trying to catch up.

Any ideas why some people were called back?
Original post by Mh53
Was this in leeds?

Yup, it was in Leeds
Reply 1263
In the first interview i was asked the competencies but this included the collaborating and partnering competency, which was not stated in the pack, they didn't ask the MQS so the second interview was only about the MQS one competency.

Original post by PyePye
Yup, it was in Leeds
Original post by Mh53
In the first interview i was asked the competencies but this included the collaborating and partnering competency, which was not stated in the pack, they didn't ask the MQS so the second interview was only about the MQS one competency.

Oh I see, thanks! Hope they don't keep you waiting too much longer.
Still waiting for Leeds too, although I have been offered an internal HO job due to start after Christmas so won't be accepting this one but 4 /5 weeks wait is not acceptable.

Hope everyone hears by next week!
Anyone received a response? I have received an email two weeks ago advising I had been successful at interview stage and will hear soon; but nothing since then. Arrrggghh the wait!! 😳
Original post by Riz101
Anyone received a response? I have received an email two weeks ago advising I had been successful at interview stage and will hear soon; but nothing since then. Arrrggghh the wait!! 😳

If it was the same email as the rest of us, it also said it will take *at least* two weeks to hear anything else
Original post by dontcallmesammy
If it was the same email as the rest of us, it also said it will take *at least* two weeks to hear anything else

Most like is the same email 😊 Shame they cannot provide a proper timescale
Original post by Riz101
Most like is the same email 😊 Shame they cannot provide a proper timescale

Yeah, it's a pain! Hopefully won't betoo much longer :smile:
Anyone from Bristol heard anything more after accepting their provisional offers?
Original post by Steveey954
Anyone from Bristol heard anything more after accepting their provisional offers?

When did you receive your provisional offer and well done too 😊 I'm in Leeds still waiting to hear anything lol

No, haven't heard anything since accepting. Hopefully we'll get an update this week.
Original post by Riz101
When did you receive your provisional offer and well done too 😊 I'm in Leeds still waiting to hear anything lol

Received mine on the 2/12. I think Bristol were first for some reason but probably something to do with the expected rollout dates for the new offices. I haven't seen many other locations, if any, send out their offers yet.
Received mine on the 2/12. I think Bristol were first for some reason but probably something to do with the expected rollout dates for the new offices. I haven't seen many other locations, if any, send out their offers yet.

What's the provision with the offer made? Hope it goes well for you. I didn't realise Bristol had received their offers but at least they making some progress post interview stage
Original post by Riz101
What's the provision with the offer made? Hope it goes well for you. I didn't realise Bristol had received their offers but at least they making some progress post interview stage

Only that we pass their pre employment checks I believe. Employment history etc
Only that we pass their pre employment checks I believe. Employment history etc

Cool. I have to be a little more patient then I guess lol

I haven't heard anything since accepting. It will come!
Looks like some results were released on 28 November 2016 and then none since then.

I am wondering those results were for the top scorers and least scorers, and the rest in between are yet to be released?
Original post by Husk24
Looks like some results were released on 28 November 2016 and then none since then.

I am wondering those results were for the top scorers and least scorers, and the rest in between are yet to be released?

Received my 'you passed the interview' email on the 28th but provisional offer on the 2/12. I think everyone was the same? At least for Bristol.