The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theduffman82
Anyone waiting on Belfast get an offer today? I've heard nothing but everywhere else seems to have gotten provisional offers this afternoon.

I'm still waiting - in Belfast

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imran_hkhan91
Hey,

No email regarding reserve list but assuming as London emails have been sent out from what I've seen on the thread.

I can only hope.

Yes, maybe they were sent out in merit order so there is definitely still hope, I'm wishing you the best :smile:
Original post by imran_hkhan91
Looks like I missed out on this round :frown: Was successful in passing interview so guessing I'll be on reserve list which usually means no job :frown:

Congrats to the people who were successful

Don't worry,,,,,,, It is still on going. You have a lot of chances to receive the email you wait for...... Which center in London you applied for?
Also waiting for Belfast. Hopefully we hear sooner rather than later. Currently work for NI Civil Service, so fully expected the delays we've experienced so far but a few people from my office are going into these HEO roles from the last external recruitment and they were told their start date would be inside the first quarter of 2017. Hoping they let us know the same so we all start the training at the same time, which would make sense for HMRC resource wise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeorgiosSpy
Don't worry,,,,,,, It is still on going. You have a lot of chances to receive the email you wait for...... Which center in London you applied for?

I applied for the Stratford centre. I know you guys have received replies for the Croydon centres but I'm sure emails would have gone out at the same time. Guess there is still hope from the person on the thread who interviewed in 2015 and received reply now lol. Just desperately wanting this job. A job finally related to my degree
Reply 1545
Hi sent my provisional offer acceptance email
Hasn't bounced back now
Hi, everyone. For those who have had firm offers, did the letters mention anything about salary? If so, is everyone expected to start at the lower end of the salary range advertised or do people get different salaries depending on experience or interview scores ? I'm sorry if I seem nosey I'm just curious. 🤥
Got my provisional offer for nottingham last monday, still not received any second email.. Has anyone else from Notts received a second email?
Reply 1548
Has anyone received any reply after sending their acceptance for the prov offer
Original post by hco786

No I've not. I emailed manpower and the support team over the weekend after my email bounced back, but still not heard anything.
Original post by hco786

Yes I received a reply from support to say my acceptance email was forwarded to the PEC team. I emailed on Friday evening and received a reply at midnight 😳
Reply 1551
Should hear tomm about next step after acceptance of prov offer
Hopefully 😊😊
Anyone from Birmingham received the second email asking if you'd like to accept the prov offer?
Original post by Hoping to leave
Hi, everyone. For those who have had firm offers, did the letters mention anything about salary? If so, is everyone expected to start at the lower end of the salary range advertised or do people get different salaries depending on experience or interview scores ? I'm sorry if I seem nosey I'm just curious. 🤥

The starting salary will be £29,358 (unless you're in London in which case it's £33,388).

However if you're already earning more than the minimum then normally your salary would stay the same (unless you were able to negotiate but I doubt that).

No, your experience/interview scores will not have any bearing upon your starting salary.
Original post by Cocoface
Anyone from Birmingham received the second email asking if you'd like to accept the prov offer?

I haven't had a second email yet. Had the first email on Thursday.
Reply 1556
Just got an email from support that my acceptance email has been forwarded to the correct mailbox and pre -employment check
Email should be on its way
The starting salary will be £29,358 (unless you're in London in which case it's £33,388).

However if you're already earning more than the minimum then normally your salary would stay the same (unless you were able to negotiate but I doubt that).

No, your experience/interview scores will not have any bearing upon your starting salary.

Thanks very much, Cocoface
Original post by BrumGirl
I haven't had a second email yet. Had the first email on Thursday.

Thanks, I also received first email on Thursday. I suspect we will receive the second email by Friday.

I anticipate the start date won't be this side of April but I hope I'm wrong.
Thanks, I also received first email on Thursday. I suspect we will receive the second email by Friday.

I anticipate the start date won't be this side of April but I hope I'm wrong.

I'm just relieved that I've not been placed on a wait list (though ironically it seems like all we do is wait!)

I'll send a chaser email if I don't hear anything by Friday.

Latest

Trending

Trending