The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So email I sent last week (after they'd chased the pension forms they already had), asking if they could me a timeline....had a response today:

Unfortunately I am unable to give you an estimated time, however I can assure you that we are working as quickly as we can to complete these checks

Kind regards,

I know there are many waiting longer, I appreciate they're busy, I understand "we've been patient this long etc" - however, when you have financial responsibilities and a family to feed, this really isn't helpful; I wouldn't have minded so much if this had all been made clear when advertised etc!
Original post by Gibbo267
Not really :frown: I felt like they maybe thought I was a bit young for the position but can only wait and see I suppose but I'm not expecting anything, I felt prepared but on a few questions I struggled a little, I asked them and they said they couldn't say so even worse of a sign haha!! Glad yours went well Hun good luck xx

Hopefully you will have done enough to get shortlisted 😊
Not really :frown: I felt like they maybe thought I was a bit young for the position but can only wait and see I suppose but I'm not expecting anything, I felt prepared but on a few questions I struggled a little, I asked them and they said they couldn't say so even worse of a sign haha!! Glad yours went well Hun good luck xx

What do you mean by "I was a bit young for the position".
How old are you? It is no limits for any position!!!
Reply 1963

Your age won't matter, fingers crossed we hear soon & it's good news!
Just to let everyone know. I had my provisional offer late January, sent all my PECs off around 26 Jan and had further OH online questionnaire near the end of Jan and didn't hear anything since.
Emailed them a couple of days ago asking the status of my application. They have just replied saying:
"Thank you for your email.We did not need to approach your personal referee’s You’re pre-employment checks are now being finalised and will shortly be completed. Kind regards, Ayan"
Soooo it's either bad and they are withdrawing my offer or it is good and I'll get my formal offer soon! Fingers crossed!!
Original post by TonksNotDora
Just to let everyone know. I had my provisional offer late January, sent all my PECs off around 26 Jan and had further OH online questionnaire near the end of Jan and didn't hear anything since.
Emailed them a couple of days ago asking the status of my application. They have just replied saying:
"Thank you for your email.We did not need to approach your personal referee’s You’re pre-employment checks are now being finalised and will shortly be completed. Kind regards, Ayan"
Soooo it's either bad and they are withdrawing my offer or it is good and I'll get my formal offer soon! Fingers crossed!!

I assume you;re Cardiff then? Pretty much exactly the same as me - including email from Ayan....so I hope you are Cardiff and it's not a case that Ayan is the SOLE person doing PEC for the whole country...although that may explain the delays :wink: !!!

ps - and Ive been thinking the same....although no reason why should be a problem with PEC, you do start imagining all sorts of potential obstacles, lol!!

Which mailbox did you email? I've not heard anything since I sent my PEC. My character references haven't even been contacted yet and not received an acknowledgement email either 😕
Original post by Bottle5
I assume you;re Cardiff then? Pretty much exactly the same as me - including email from Ayan....so I hope you are Cardiff and it's not a case that Ayan is the SOLE person doing PEC for the whole country...although that may explain the delays :wink: !!!

ps - and Ive been thinking the same....although no reason why should be a problem with PEC, you do start imagining all sorts of potential obstacles, lol!!

Hi Bottle5!
Unfortunately I'm for Birmingham! So looks like Ayan is a very busy person!! Did you get that response today also?
I had a poor sickness record last year so that's the only thing that could let me down really. Just hope I hear back by the end of the week!
Original post by Riz101
Which mailbox did you email? I've not heard anything since I sent my PEC. My character references haven't even been contacted yet and not received an acknowledgement email either 😕

Riz I emailed the address that sent me the pre employment checks etc. I hadn't heard anything since sending my checks off until I emailed them. Their response suggests they don't always have to contact your character references. They haven't contacted mine.
Hi Bottle5!
Unfortunately I'm for Birmingham! So looks like Ayan is a very busy person!! Did you get that response today also?
I had a poor sickness record last year so that's the only thing that could let me down really. Just hope I hear back by the end of the week!

Groan.......not great news! My pers refs were contacted about the 30th Jan, everything completed then...had the response yesterday following my email to them last Thursday.

I just need to know if/when I'm starting - I've got a family to feed, lol! I also need enough time to sort child-care out. I've been applying for other jobs and had some interviews but so much effort and mental energy goes into the process, it's very difficult to remain positive sometimes when I have so much relying on this.

Fingers crossed poor Ayan gets some overtime :wink: !!|
Hi Bottle5!

Ayan did mine for Liverpool too lol.
Lets hope poor Ayan doesn't go on the sick!
Original post by Bottle5
Groan.......not great news! My pers refs were contacted about the 30th Jan, everything completed then...had the response yesterday following my email to them last Thursday.

I just need to know if/when I'm starting - I've got a family to feed, lol! I also need enough time to sort child-care out. I've been applying for other jobs and had some interviews but so much effort and mental energy goes into the process, it's very difficult to remain positive sometimes when I have so much relying on this.

Fingers crossed poor Ayan gets some overtime :wink: !!|

Haha oh dear!! Come on Ayan we are routing for you!!!
Luckily I do already have a good job but the work here is stagnating and people are leaving left right and centre. I want a job where I'm busy, not just sitting pretending to work! Need to get out before I go mad preferably. Also my boss has been trying to get me to start a big project but obviously I don't want to take it on if I may be handing in my notice soon!
Wonder why you got that email when you did actually have your references contacted. Mine haven't been contacted yet so now don't know if they will.
Reply 1973
I had Ayan and then Daniel confirming they had received what they wanted lol
No reply to my emails in asking about current status as my dbs is clear my character referees were contacted and theysent their replies too
Haha oh dear!! Come on Ayan we are routing for you!!!
Luckily I do already have a good job but the work here is stagnating and people are leaving left right and centre. I want a job where I'm busy, not just sitting pretending to work! Need to get out before I go mad preferably. Also my boss has been trying to get me to start a big project but obviously I don't want to take it on if I may be handing in my notice soon!
Wonder why you got that email when you did actually have your references contacted. Mine haven't been contacted yet so now don't know if they will.

The email was in response to my contacting them last week asking for a timeline, after Ayan asked me to re-send part of pensions form she thought they didn't have (I re-sent same attachments so obvs she did have, but hey-ho the poor lamb is under a lot of pressure!) - the ref's were contacted within a day of me sending their details, completing OH, pension, CRB etc so no complaint with how quickly that was all done......I just need to know if/when I'll be starting, or indeed if I've passed the checks!|
Reply 1975
Ayan is a he not she lol
Original post by Bottle5
The email was in response to my contacting them last week asking for a timeline, after Ayan asked me to re-send part of pensions form she thought they didn't have (I re-sent same attachments so obvs she did have, but hey-ho the poor lamb is under a lot of pressure!) - the ref's were contacted within a day of me sending their details, completing OH, pension, CRB etc so no complaint with how quickly that was all done......I just need to know if/when I'll be starting, or indeed if I've passed the checks!|

Any idea why mine wouldn't be contacted and wouldn't need to be contacted??
Any idea why mine wouldn't be contacted and wouldn't need to be contacted??

Variety of reasons - I would imagine in my case it's because it's been 3 years since I resigned from last post, so would want pers refs as well as my emp ones.
Original post by Bottle5
Variety of reasons - I would imagine in my case it's because it's been 3 years since I resigned from last post, so would want pers refs as well as my emp ones.

Oh right ok. Apparently they don't contact your employer anyway. They haven't contacted mine anyway. Maybe it's because it was so long ago they need to confirm you were actually employed by them etc.
I hope everyone hears back soon! I have a months notice period to work so the sooner the better would be good....if you're reading this Ayan....😂
Original post by Bottle5
Lets hope poor Ayan doesn't go on the sick!

Lol 😂 we'd be doomed !!!

Latest

Trending

Trending