Compelling personal reasons - bullying

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue..

I was studying psychology in Bath Uni and ended up leaving in my second year due to getting bullied by my housemates. I had meetings with student support, my personal tutor and even my estate agent to try and get out of my housing contract as I couldnt live there anymore.

It took weeks to sort out and I received no help from the university so my best chance was to leave and start at a new university.

Unfortunately I only have two years of funding left and I'm about to go into my 1st year.. student finance have let me apply through compelling personal reasons but I'm worried it will get declined as it isn't as serious as a member of family passing away, a serious illness etc.

I have lots of evidence to show I was unhappy in uni and did everything I could to leave..Visiting student support, my personal tutor, applying for mitigating circumstances, I even put in a complaint about my housemates bullying me.

Can someone help me and let me know if this is enough evidence?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

It is down to an assessors discretion whether Compelling Personal Reasons(CPR) are awarded or not therefore we advise to send in as much evidence as possible. As long as this evidence is from a professional person, states when this took place and how it affected your studies then it should be accepted however I cannot definitely confirm this. If for some reason the CPR evidence is not accepted you will be told why and what else is required.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carly SFE)
    Hi,

It is down to an assessors discretion whether Compelling Personal Reasons(CPR) are awarded or not therefore we advise to send in as much evidence as possible. As long as this evidence is from a professional person, states when this took place and how it affected your studies then it should be accepted however I cannot definitely confirm this. If for some reason the CPR evidence is not accepted you will be told why and what else is required.

Thanks
    Thank you for getting back to me,
    I have a letter from my personal tutor which states I left Bath due to these reasons and she believes these reasons are genuine.

I also have a letter from student support confirming I went in to talk to them about how this issue was effecting my studies.

I put a complaint in about my housemates, is this worth sending Student Finance? With a form of me applying for mitigating circumstances?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I would advise you to send all of this information.

Thanks

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team
Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.