After your first 3 subjects no one cares
Reply 2
Original post by Helloworld_95
After your first 3 subjects no one cares

As harsh as you phrased this, I have to agree.. the last 2 are just pretty eh
Isn't IT soft anyway?
Original post by zayn008
As harsh as you phrased this, I have to agree.. the last 2 are just pretty eh

I didn't mean it in that way, I meant it as after you have 3 A levels no one cares if you have any more, 4 or 5 subjects is not an advantage over 3.
Reply 5
Original post by Helloworld_95
I didn't mean it in that way, I meant it as after you have 3 A levels no one cares if you have any more, 4 or 5 subjects is not an advantage over 3.

Oh… 4 can be quite an advantage depending on what you're studying, some universities will relax grades if you're doing 4 and those last 2 are pretty soft subjects so i guess you unintentionally made 2 points in one statement
Original post by zayn008
Oh… 4 can be quite an advantage depending on what you're studying, some universities will relax grades if you're doing 4 and those last 2 are pretty soft subjects so i guess you unintentionally made 2 points in one statement

I'm not sure I'd say they're relaxing the grade requirements, most I've seen is offers change by say A*A*A to A*AAA and tbh getting A*AAA is an awful lot harder than A*A*A.

The EPQ which is part of the Welsh Baccalaureate is much better than a 4th A level, there are more unis which will drop your offer by 1 grade if you have that and it teaches you certain skills which are more useful for uni than a 4th subject.

Quick Reply

Latest