Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Deleted

ReputationRep:
    After your first 3 subjects no one cares

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    After your first 3 subjects no one cares
    As harsh as you phrased this, I have to agree.. the last 2 are just pretty eh

ReputationRep:
    Isn't IT soft anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    As harsh as you phrased this, I have to agree.. the last 2 are just pretty eh
    I didn't mean it in that way, I meant it as after you have 3 A levels no one cares if you have any more, 4 or 5 subjects is not an advantage over 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    I didn't mean it in that way, I meant it as after you have 3 A levels no one cares if you have any more, 4 or 5 subjects is not an advantage over 3.
    Oh… 4 can be quite an advantage depending on what you're studying, some universities will relax grades if you're doing 4 and those last 2 are pretty soft subjects so i guess you unintentionally made 2 points in one statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Oh… 4 can be quite an advantage depending on what you're studying, some universities will relax grades if you're doing 4 and those last 2 are pretty soft subjects so i guess you unintentionally made 2 points in one statement
    I'm not sure I'd say they're relaxing the grade requirements, most I've seen is offers change by say A*A*A to A*AAA and tbh getting A*AAA is an awful lot harder than A*A*A.

The EPQ which is part of the Welsh Baccalaureate is much better than a 4th A level, there are more unis which will drop your offer by 1 grade if you have that and it teaches you certain skills which are more useful for uni than a 4th subject.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.