Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Ashamed of myself I hate myself

I feel deeply ashamed of myself of the way I look the way I speak I feel ashamed that I am not very smart I feel ashamed of the way I was brought up I wish I was more disciplined.I hate myself sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to live I am not good enough to my mum and to my step father.I am ashamed of who I am and my character and manerisms I wish I spoke eloquently.I bet my step father wpuld just love to replace me with his own blood as i lack the right manner my personallity is rubbish I am a loser with too big ambitions for my own good which will die with me and will never be fulfilled.I hate myself so much I cannot stand looking at the mirror and see who I am.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel deeply ashamed of myself of the way I look the way I speak I feel ashamed that I am not very smart I feel ashamed of the way I was brought up I wish I was more disciplined.I hate myself sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to live I am not good enough to my mum and to my step father.I am ashamed of who I am and my character and manerisms I wish I spoke eloquently.I bet my step father wpuld just love to replace me with his own blood as i lack the right manner my personallity is rubbish I am a loser with too big ambitions for my own good which will die with me and will never be fulfilled.I hate myself so much I cannot stand looking at the mirror and see who I am.
    Sorry to hear it.
    Obviously you are unhappy, but it doesnt do any good beating yourself up.

1. If you are thinking of doing anything dramatic and want to walk to someone, then call the Samaritans. 116 123
    http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can...you/contact-us

2.If you are under 18 the talk to Childline
    0800 1111
    https://www.childline.org.uk/

3. If you cna talk to your parents, if not then go and see your GP. You sound very unhappy and have an alarming amount of self loathing plus low self esteem. This is not normal or healthy. There are ways you can work through this but you need to speak to people and then get help.

Things can get better and you can like yourself.m but you need to get help. Show them this post.

ReputationRep:
    I used to feel that way too. If you don't like something about yourself then change it. I was and sometimes I still am a very ungrateful daughter and disrespectful to my stepfather but I realised that it was wrong and that I was hurting my mother and slowly but surely started to change for the better and over time things got better and they will for you too.

(Original post by sararodrigues)
    I used to feel that way too. If you don't like something about yourself then change it. I was and sometimes I still am a very ungrateful daughter and disrespectful to my stepfather but I realised that it was wrong and that I was hurting my mother and slowly but surely started to change for the better and over time things got better and they will for you too.
    I feel angry for my behaviour I wish I could stop saying so much bs I wish I could have better manners and just stop just stop talking forever I only hurt everyone I have nothing to contribute to the world except stupidity and bs.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's what I done it does help with self-esteem and self-acceptance.

ReputationRep:
    I feel angry for my behaviour I wish I could stop saying so much bs I wish I could have better manners and just stop just stop talking forever I only hurt everyone I have nothing to contribute to the world except stupidity and bs.
    Just stop, you are not only hurting yourself but your family if you keep being this way to yourself. No one is perfect and we all have our moments and one day when you are better, you will help someone that once was like you and thats your contribution to the world, to help others.

Stop wishing and start doing it. You dont have to fix everything by tomorrow or do big steps towards it. Why wont you start by telling your mom or anyone you feel like you have to that you love them and you are sorry for anything that you might have done to hurt them?

Like I said, everything at its own pace. If you really need someone to talk to I guess you can send me a text privately but heres something for you.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=yo...BfARm6kJOHM%3A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxidation)
    Yes, that's what I done it does help with self-esteem and self-acceptance.
    It does, good for you

ReputationRep:
    It does, good for you
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    You are not very smart? Says, who? Just because you struggle to absorb and regurgitate information that you will forget months later does not make you stupid.

Its 2016, noone cares how you speak unless its a job interview.

If you hate looking in the mirror then you should go gym, you will soon love looking in the mirror.

Go for your dreams, do things that you enjoy

(Original post by SuperHuman98)
    You are not very smart? Says, who? Just because you struggle to absorb and regurgitate information that you will forget months later does not make you stupid.

Its 2016, noone cares how you speak unless its a job interview.

If you hate looking in the mirror then you should go gym, you will soon love looking in the mirror.

Go for your dreams, do things that you enjoy
    Going to the gym won;t change my nose and face unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Going to the gym won;t change my nose and face unfortunately.
    Well it will make you feel good about yourself, and honestly noone cares about your nose and face everyone has their own problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Don't say that
    Exactly. (not helping)

Considering who you are, then you must either tell your mum or a teacher or your GP. You are heading for a very bad place that you need to aboid. This cna only have a very negative effect on your exams i.e you are contributing towards not reaching your goal.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.