Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Anyone changed rooms?

ReputationRep:
    My flatmates make a lot of noise and a lot of mess, we don't really get along and I don't wanna live with them anymore - these guys are too wild for me! I don't really care about making friends with my flatmates - I'd just like somewhere quiet where no one bothers anyone.
    My uni might let me transfer rooms but might I end up swapping with someone who moved for the same reasons as I did?

Do you know of anyone who changed rooms? Were they happy with where they got put?

ReputationRep:
    well swapping rooms is a gamble just like being allocated in the first place... it's possible someone has just dropped out through no fault of their flatmates... but anyone leaving a flat is leaving for a reason so I think arranging your own swap is better as you can try and figure out their reasons (some people will leave because their flat is too quiet but horrible flatmates are more common reasons!) so you are taking a risk that you may even get someone worse

ReputationRep:
    Which uni are you in? I left my flat so now it'll be open for someone else to take. My university (and maybe others) don't let people swap for a few weeks, though.

ReputationRep:
    Transferred flats, speaking from a different room right now - they let me transfer pretty quickly (got my application in early) and put me in a pretty good place like I asked for. Hopefully you will have the same success.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.