Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Personal compelling reasons - student finance Wales

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue.. I was studying psychology in Bath Uni and ended up leaving in my second year due to getting bullied by my housemates. I had meetings with student support, my personal tutor and even my estate agent to try and get out of my housing contract as I couldnt live there anymore. It took weeks to sort out and I received no help from the university so my best chance was to leave and start at a new university. Unfortunately I only have two years of funding left and I'm about to go into my 1st year.. student finance have let me apply through compelling personal reasons but I'm worried it will get declined as it isn't as serious as a member of family passing away, a serious illness etc. I have lots of evidence to show I was unhappy in uni and did everything I could to leave..Visiting student support, my personal tutor, applying for mitigating circumstances, I even put in a complaint about my housemates bullying me. Can someone help me and let me know if this is enough evidence? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It's all down to assesors discretion, as long as you sent a cover letter explaining what happened and how it affected you and also backed up your claim with professional evidence then you have a chance.

Enough evidence would be a covering letter with professional evidence, you can send as many things as you want, *it all helps.

And it doesn't need to be a medical reason or someone dying, it can be literally anything as it's down to assesors discretion but you really need professional evidence to back up your letter*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by murpo)
    It's all down to assesors discretion, as long as you sent a cover letter explaining what happened and how it affected you and also backed up your claim with professional evidence then you have a chance.

Enough evidence would be a covering letter with professional evidence, you can send as many things as you want, *it all helps.

And it doesn't need to be a medical reason or someone dying, it can be literally anything as it's down to assesors discretion but you really need professional evidence to back up your letter*

Thank you for getting back to me,
    I have evidence from student support and also my personal tutor as I had meetings with both to discuss my issues and how it wasn't effecting me.. I hope this is enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abatcupx)
    Thank you for getting back to me,
    I have evidence from student support and also my personal tutor as I had meetings with both to discuss my issues and how it wasn't effecting me.. I hope this is enough
    Send is as many things as you can, it all helps.

It will take about 13 working days to review it so send it in asap

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.