Personal Statement help

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i am currently trying to write a personal statement for uni. This is what i have so far, please could you take a read and any advice would be appreciated.

(DO NOT POST YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT ON TSR)

ReputationRep:
    Don't post your PS publicly online.

ReputationRep:
    dellete this you fool, someone s going to copy it

ReputationRep:
    Quick delete itttt

ReputationRep:
    Only send your statement privately to people you trust (preferably those who aren't applying for your subject in your year)

ReputationRep:
    You are going to have to start again. There's a cache of this page and it might get picked up for plagiarism now.

ReputationRep:
    they are VERY right - please delete it, not because we don't want to see it but the fact that other people might use this and send it in before you, this means under UCAS regulations, YOU will be the one 'cheating'.
    Also, do not write anything less than the number 10 as digits
    The best piece of advice would be to get it PRINTED, then checked by you're economics teachers... then a maths teacher... then an English teacher.... and finally your UCAS advisor..... before being triple checked by your head of year
    Hope it helped

ReputationRep:
    Delete this now u are gonna get caught by plagiarism software.

ReputationRep:
    You are better of sending this to a trusted PS Reviewer don't post it publicly.

ReputationRep:
    You are technically giving your place away if you put on the internet. Take it down. People will look at yours and add more stuff to be different from you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samendrag)
    Quick delete itttt
    done - thanks for tagging me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jai Kumar)
    Hi guys, i am currently trying to write a personal statement for uni. This is what i have so far, please could you take a read and any advice would be appreciated.

(DO NOT POST YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT ON TSR)
    I have deleted your PS. Never post your PS in a public online forum!

You will need to rewrite it from scratch due to UCAS's anti-plagiarism software and procedures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)

You will need to rewrite it from scratch due to UCAS's anti-plagiarism software and procedures.
    Hi, thanks for deleting the post. I understand that what i did was stupid, i was just hoping to get a fresh perspective on my PS. Please could someone help me to trt and fix this problem soon, I spent alot of time on my PS and don't want to be changing much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jai Kumar)
    Hi, thanks for deleting the post. I understand that what i did was stupid, i was just hoping to get a fresh perspective on my PS. Please could someone help me to trt and fix this problem soon, I spent alot of time on my PS and don't want to be changing much
    The only way to fix the problem is to rewrite your PS. You can use the same themes and structure but you will have to use mostly different words...

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...and-similarity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)

Name:  Absolutely Barabric.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  142.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    delet this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    You are better of sending this to a trusted PS Reviewer don't post it publicly.
    Who are trusted PS Reviewers I could send mine to?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.