The Student Room Group

How to improve your terrible AS grades into decent A2 grades?

I did terrible at AS. I got C,D and E for Maths, Biology and Chemistry in that order. As I am doing the new spec (NOT MATHS), my AS grades won't count so I have a chance to get a maximum grade of A* at the end of my second year (FOR BIO AND CHEM). Although this is very unlikely. My question is, how can I go from these terrible first year grades to decent A2 grades?
Reply 1
I'd advise recalling your scripts for bio/chem, see exactly where you went wrong, what topics etc. Obviously it's only going to get harder so start working now and keep yourself organised, revise during the week if you don't understand anything and don't let yourself get behind on any topics, it only makes it more difficult for yourself
Reply 2
I found that resits helped me, but obviously A levels have changed now and you're dependent on your final exams.

Make sure you attend all your lessons and try and pay attention to the content. If you're stuck, talk to a teacher and ask them to go through things with you. Try and get an understanding of the content as you go.

Practice with past exam papers if any are available (try papers on the topics from the old A levels if necessary). This way you can get an understanding of examination structure, and can work your revision to cater towards that.

Try and be organised with your work. Keep folders/exercise books all together, and go through notes on evenings or weekends. Don't get completely caught up in trying to learn everything, but keep on top of the key concepts from the start.

Quick Reply

Latest