Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bleeding on Cerelle help needed Watch

Announcements

Hi, I have been taking Cerelle for just over a month now, I only had a few episodes of bleeding, some not even requiring a pad (spotting) in the first month. Now I have started my new pack (without a break) I have got my period/withdrawal bleed but it is a little bit heavier than usual and was going on and off for a few days before it begun properly. I'm hoping this will stop and is just my body's natural response as it had been 28 days and I previously on the combined pill and got regular periods/withdrawal bleeds.
    But I am wondering how many people have had regular periods on this? Irregular ones or bleeding? and how long they last for?
    Also has it caused anyone to have acne or weight gain?
    Please help, I was thinking this was a good pill, and hopefully will be proved right but I really don't want irregular bleeding as I do a lot of outdoor sports and don't wear tampons.
    Thanks any experiences welcome.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I have been taking Cerelle for just over a month now, I only had a few episodes of bleeding, some not even requiring a pad (spotting) in the first month. Now I have started my new pack (without a break) I have got my period/withdrawal bleed but it is a little bit heavier than usual and was going on and off for a few days before it begun properly. I'm hoping this will stop and is just my body's natural response as it had been 28 days and I previously on the combined pill and got regular periods/withdrawal bleeds.
    But I am wondering how many people have had regular periods on this? Irregular ones or bleeding? and how long they last for?
    Please help, I was thinking this was a good pill, and hopefully will be proved right but I really don't want irregular bleeding as I do a lot of outdoor sports and don't wear tampons.
    It really varies. Some people have no bleeding, and other people have constant bleeding - and everything in between. You just need to give it a few months, and if things don't settle down you might want to try a different pill.

ReputationRep:
    In the first few months on cerelle I had one normal bleed then roughly two weeks later I'd have a very light bleed often only lasting a day. As the months went on my cycle regulated itself to one regular bleed a month! No weight gain or any other side effects.

(Original post by Anonymous)

Make sure you take it at the EXACt same time each day!! I always take it at 4pm cos u will not wake up at the same time each day. I have been taking it since august and now its december - i had bleeding a couple of weeks in for one week but have not had any periods since then.
    Cerelle is amazing for me- no periods or bleeding, stable hormones and better skin. I hope it will work for you as well xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi I started this pill 13 days ago I haven't been on the pill since I had my daughter 15 years ago didnt go back on the pill after I had her we used condoms
    I now decided to go back on the pill I have never used a mini pill before and as I say I am on day 13 of my first pack and have now started bleeding with mild period pains I was really hoping that I wouldn't have periods on this but fingers crossed this is the only one I have as it's early days I haven't gained weight and my skin is absolutely clear
    I really hope I don't get any more periods

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.