What EXACTLY do chemical engineers do?

Watch this thread
chemspaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I know what chemical engineering involves but what exactly do chemical engineers do on a day to day basis- lab work or more practical etc does anyone know a friend/ relative that is a chemical engineer or is studying it atm?
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chem****)
I know what chemical engineering involves but what exactly do chemical engineers do on a day to day basis- lab work or more practical etc does anyone know a friend/ relative that is a chemical engineer or is studying it atm?
Much the same as other engineers. The chemical engineers at my old work performed calculations, wrote reports, ran computer simulations, reviewed drawings, sized up equipment like valves and pumps, had meetings and the like.

Of course, it's going to depend on the role. The above was consultancy/design. Those working at plants probably won't be doing much calculations, for example, but be working more on the operation of the plant.
chemspaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks a lot !!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (112)